PDA

View Full Version : 200x rear axle collar

up-tyte
02-12-2012, 11:19 AM
So I pulled the rear axle on one of our 85 200x's yesterday to replace the bearings and the axle collar was missing. It's probably in the last guys bin for extra parts that he must not feel important, along with all the extra screws and bolts. Does anyone know what the specs for the collar would be so I can have the machine shop make one? I would assume that the ends would have to be perfectly square? Thanks for any help

Dirtcrasher
02-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Someone on .org just went through this on the same swinger, recent post. I went back and forth with him, he figured it out in the end.

I asked to have all my posts removed over there so I'm not sure if what I posted is still there. But, at least his results will be.......

up-tyte
02-13-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm not a member of .org and couldn't find a thread for the collar that gave the info I need. So this morning I will be tearing one of the other trikes apart to get a collar and then a trip to the machine shop, I will post the information I gather. Unless someone has the specs before I tear it apart?

Dirtcrasher
02-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Then become a member.

It's right under general tech and about 10 days or less old......

up-tyte
02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Okay, so I think I found the thread at .org, it was by diesel. Today we disassembled 3 rear axle assemblies and had one tube 103mm, one that was 104mm and one that was about 100mm. When we measured all 3 swing arms we got 3 different measurements, so we figured the original may have been about 105 or 106. diesel stated that he used a banshee axle tube and cut it down to 107mm and it seemed to work for him. I will be trying to get a banshee tube and then will try the 106mm length. Hope this helps others in the future. The tube size is 1.675 O.D. with a .125 wall.

Dirtcrasher
02-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Who says he's right? He admits not knowing what the heck was going on.

You need a good swinger and a measurement from bearing shoulder OD to opposing bearing shoulder OD. If the swinger is worn, the bearings won't last. If the tube is not spot on, the bearings will not last.

SOMEONE has this measurement. Help this guy out will ya!!!!!!!!!!

up-tyte
02-14-2012, 06:05 PM
So today I ordered a banshee collar to see if it is the correct diameter, or close enough to work. It was cheap enough to take a shot, should have it next week. We did take some measurements on the swing arms we are working on, I don't have a real accurate way to measure but we did check each one at least 4 times and they stayed consistent. The problem is they were all just a little different. I will keep this up-dated as I go along.