PDA

View Full Version : need help atc90 no spark

vartiak15
02-07-2012, 06:59 AM
anyone got some pics of how all the wires connect off the coil and condenser? i have a brand new wire harness and all new points and for some reason im not getting any spark. any easy ways to check the coil that the plug wire comes off and the condenser? and any pics of how all the wires go would help me out thanks.

Deathrocket
02-07-2012, 10:49 AM
if its points its simple, on my points equipped 175xl the power runs to the key first, then to the handle bar button, then onto the + side of the coil, - of the coil runs to the points with a spur off to the condenser, then the points are grounded, the motor on mine grounds through the stater. try grounding the motor with a new wire to the - side of battery if equipped. also make sure the battery is charged, it needs to have a charge for the bike to kick over on mine. i would assume if your 90 has points its wired the same way...

atc350xer
02-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Every time I had trouble with spark on a 90, it was a bad ground to the coil, or a broken spark plug wire. The color coded wires make it almost impossible to wire wrong.