PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z tripple tree bearing

tippmann
02-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Hii i have a 85 tri that Im restoring . I want to powder coat the tripple tree but im not able to get the shaft out of the lower part of the tripple tree it seem to slide down but i tryed on a press and it wont moove, tryed to Unscrew it and didnt work either so

How can i split the tripple tree shaft from lower bracket?

tecat-z
02-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Press the stem into the tree a bit to uncover the clip. Remove clip and heat tree with propane torch. Quickly press stem out in opposite direction. Usually they make a loud bang when it lets go.

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2012, 07:35 AM
10 ton press.. and I bent the last tripple gettin the last one out.. be careful.... and when they pop they POP!

I would pc it with the stem in.. as you will need heat to reinstall it..

El Camexican
02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=I would pc it with the stem in.. as you will need heat to reinstall it..[/QUOTE]

Ditto. There is special tape that you can use to cover the areas you don't want coated and if a little powder does get on the shaft you can sand or scrap it off. Pressing things in and out of eachother is not something you want to do repeatedly, so try to avoid it whenever possible.

640AK
02-08-2012, 03:09 PM
When you are pressing the stem to get the clip off, which way are you pressing. Or if it's more simple to explain, after the clip is off, which way do you press the stem out? Up or down?

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel