PDA

View Full Version : 350x cam,piston suggestions

jays375
02-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Okay I in search of a piston and camshafts for 350X engine.Went back through old posts and that wasn't much help.These items will be put in a stock new take out motor.I am not interested in boring the cylinder or modifying the head.Only thing I know is that it will be set up for pumped gas.Seems like Megacycle is the cam that is preferred.Don't want anything radical,just reliable.Looks like I will be adding a 400EX carb also.The other big hang up is exhaust,still looking.If nothing is found soon it will be a DG.Would like things to be more on the low to mid range.

jays375
02-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Any suggestions on this?

murfman
02-07-2012, 09:02 AM
I went with the stock cam and a piston/jug and ported head with oversize valves from Hurricane 635 on the boards here. I am running a 400EX head pipe and a TRX 450r muffler (I want it quiet) and a 400EX carb. My trike still is not back together so I cant give you a first hand report. From my research this is the best bang for the buck. I figure with the stock cam and rockers it will be more reliable as it is easier on the valve springs and timing chain, and the ported head and big valves will supply more flow similar to what the cam would do. This also allows me some room to add a cam and rockers at a later date for a little more if I get bored with it.