PDA

View Full Version : What to expect piston,cam change 350X

jays375
02-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Okay I have a new take out 350X motor coming.Question I have is what increase in performance will I see with a piston and cam change?Really thinking about doing this before putting the motor in.Definately don't want a piston that can only run on race fuel.Haven't found a exhaust system yet.Don't really want a DG but really only thing available.Plus the stock carb will still be used for now also.Any suggestions or info will be appreciated.

Dirtcrasher
02-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Have fun with fresh race fuel consistently......

Run any cam you wish but stay under 11:1 IMHO.

Take the airbox lid off, run an UNI filter, jet it up and get a 400EX or FCR carb (but, you better know how to jet....)

Take out motors run very snappy. All depends on what you want out of it because porting has to be done if a carb and exhaust are added for the maximum performance.

twitch101
02-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Im putting in a 400 kit with i believe an 85mm piston? Sprock? Ive thought about throwing a roller cam in too to save my journals. Ill be running a custom exhaust too. This will all be done on a nos motor. Ill have tO have a shop jet it i think. Never done it before. Will be watching this thread.

jays375
02-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Well there is a chance on some playing around drag racing.Other than that it will mainly be just riding it.How much is porting a head going to cost.There isn't a problem with jetting a carb.I take it with the porting the 400 carb is worth putting on?I actually thing somebody has one to give me.What using a DG pipe after porting and carb swap?Won't be anything radical with the cam either.Just starting to look at parts now.