PDA

View Full Version : My ESR 310 kit is comin

jr66645
01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
My ESR 310 kit is comin friday and I was wonderin if anyone had any advice on something that they may have come across when puttin them together. Thanks and keep the R's up

deathman53
01-25-2012, 09:33 PM
when you get your jetting figured out get a short spark plug and different boot. They have the spark plug comes up from the center(straight) and is a real pain to remove and connect boot, especially if you have a 85 frame. I had to grind a notch in my 85 frame to get the plug in/out.

bannedbrraap
01-25-2012, 09:52 PM
BR8ECM ngk plug

eddie pettengil
01-25-2012, 09:52 PM
I had a hard time getting a socket and ratchet on the cylinder nuts. Ended up using a wrench taking 1/8 inch turns at a time. It's a tight area to work in. There was no way I could get my torque wrench in there. Not a single problem with it since I put it on 2 years ago. I ice race it wide open and it loves it.

deathman53
01-25-2012, 10:06 PM
motion pro sells the toque adapter to get into it. I had to grind to really thin to be able to tighten the base nuts. In the front, there is a pocket and its hard to get most any wrench in there. You should try it on a spacer plate motor!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDE-RED 250r
01-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Depending on when ESR made your cylinder, you will want to apply some Threebond to your exhaust flange bolts. Got a heads up on another forum I am on that there was a problem with coolant getting into the cylinder. Turns out, the exhaust flange bolt holes (mostly the top, but occasionally the other 2) were drilled too deeply and got into the water jacket above the exhaust flange. This would allow coolant to slowly seep by, and when it starts to get by the exhaust flange/pipe sealing o-rings was getting into the pipe.. And once in the pipe, the pipe would blow it back into the cylinder and eventually cause a topend failure. ESR was made aware of and addressed the problem about 3 weeks ago. SO, if your cylinder was set up after they were made aware of the problem, you should be good to go.. But, it wouldn't hurt to apply some Threebond to your flange bolts just to be safe. I received my 350 in late December and mine had the problem. I wasn't aware of the issue till about a week after I finished my build. All I had to do was pull out the top flange bolt and I knew I had the problem as coolant began to slowly seep out once the bolt was removed. Glad I found out that way! It's an easy, yet reliable fix... Just something you want to check for on yours.....Other than that, I had zero issues with my kit.. And the Threebond is holding just fine. It's basically the same thing as using plumbers tape or pipe dope on a water pipe to keep the threads from leaking. I check mine regularly for signs of coolant seepage and 3 weeks later it's still doing fine...