PDA

View Full Version : Need PIC/Answer about tri-z

tippmann
01-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi im presently rebuilding my tri-z 85 motor . I got this trikes in really really bad shape. Ton of bolt missing and piece missing. Here my question:

The clutch cable end, (where you attach the wire to the arm on the crankase) the system to attach it is missing i only have the ''U''bracket on the crankase. There some piece that go there . here a link :
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/4536-yamaha-1985-tri-z-ytz250n/assemblies/130341 Its the number 10,6,7 I already got the #10 bracket (lost it btw) and i though it were suppose to slide under the ''U'' bracket then hold my cable. and it not slide under Its like i need another Piece first or i dont know. . Problem is Probably the fact that bypassing those small bracket system the clutch cable will not hold in place + i will miss adjustement to make my clutch work properly.

So i would like to get PICTURE of the assembled systeme there ,cause i dont have a clue how its susposed to hold my clutch cable. and Oh the #6 bracket no longer exist.

p.s I am french ! here why my english is that bad

stubble_jumper
01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
# 6 and 7 are a bearing cover plate and screw for inside the crank case. the clutch cable is held in place by #10. the pressure of the cable keeps that lock in place. You are correct it just slides into the "U" bracket. I just replaced mine on my tri-z and had to bend the new one slightly to get it to fit into the bracket on the engine case.
I don't have a picture on my work computer to show you.

wisconsinite
01-25-2012, 09:00 PM
sounds kinda crude, but i've just got mine held in with a zip tie. i've been running it that way for years, never had a problem.