PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z guys help- waterpump/main seals

Tri-Z Pilot
11-12-2003, 01:31 AM
I have a leaky bottom end (numerous posts), now I just want to fix it good enough for right now so that I can ride it. The problem, is, coolant is getting in the tranny, and the tranny/ coolant mix is going into the cylinder. What do I need to fix this? The water pump oil seal, and the right main bearing seal? Can I fix this with the engine in the frame or do the cases need split?

TRI-Zbrian
11-12-2003, 01:42 AM
im pretty shure you can do it in the frame all you have to do is take the right side clutch cover off and behind there u can get to the main seal and the water pump seal is also easy to get to im pretty shure you wont have to split the cases just get a good set of seal pics.

to get to the right main seal you are going to have to take the clutch basket and all of that out thow ive doen it before it isnt realy hard at all just take your time and you will be fine. wile you are at it check out your friction plates and see if they need to be replaced or not wile you are in there all ready it will save you time later on.

Tri-Z Pilot
11-12-2003, 01:44 AM
Where should I get the seals? Bikebandit? Ill only need two right?

TRI-Zbrian
11-12-2003, 01:49 AM
yeah all you need is the right side main seal and water pump seal but u are prolly going to have to get that as a kit ware you get all the seals but if bikebandit sells them seprately then go that rute also you are going to have to get a new clutch cover gasket and water pump gasket.

Tri-Z Pilot
11-12-2003, 02:00 AM
All right, thanks Tri-Z Brian!

TRI-Zbrian
11-12-2003, 12:25 PM
any time man