PDA

View Full Version : 85 250r carb

threewheelin-feelin
01-18-2012, 05:35 PM
hey guys im trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with this carb...its pouring gas out of the vent tube at idal and when its shut off...if im running it around it doesnt pour out...when i first saw it my mind instantly said its leaking out the over flow tube and not the vent tube.. so i changed the needle and seat and made sure the float didnt have any holes in it...the float seems to be opperating normal...so i started tapping it with a wrench and after about 10 seconds it stopped...so i ripped around agian and the same thing happend...when i stopped and let it idal after about 5 to 10 seconds it started pouring out again so i tapped it with the wrench again ...i repeated this about 5 times and the same thing happend everytime....so what else could make it come out of the top vent tube?

midsouthtrikes
01-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Did you install a new needle and seat? Did you check for a correct float height setting?

threewheelin-feelin
01-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Did you install a new needle and seat? Did you check for a correct float height setting?
brand new needle and seat from moose...the float looked like it was working right and moved freely

Dirtcrasher
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Sounds like the float needle is getting hung up?? Or did you rebuild the whole carb??

EDIT - I'm a bit confused, thought you meant you changed the throttle valve needle and seat.

It's probably in there a bit cocked or just not a good fit.

I hate Moose carb kits, I've had a few give me the wrong jets or air screw thread pitch.........

threewheelin-feelin
01-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Sounds like the float needle is getting hung up?? Or did you rebuild the whole carb??

EDIT - I'm a bit confused, thought you meant you changed the throttle valve needle and seat.

It's probably in there a bit cocked or just not a good fit.

I hate Moose carb kits, I've had a few give me the wrong jets or air screw thread pitch.........

well see its doing the same thing it was before i put in the new needle and seat...i guess ill have to pull it back off and check the float again