PDA

View Full Version : carb help PLEASE ?????????

110klt
01-17-2012, 09:11 PM
OK I put the ebay carb on my 110KLT and it idols and lightly revs OK. And going accross the yard it goes good till about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle. Then it acts like its starving for fuel, so I tried adjusting the C-clip on the pin for the main jet and didn't change anything. So after much cleaning I reinstalled the stock carb to find it still chugs and idols pig rich, so I adjusted and adjusted with no satisfaction.

Any help?????

Is there a good rebuild kit for the stock carb? Other than the ebay one??

Anyone have a decient 110KLT carb for sale?

Aftermarket carb's other then chineese ebay ones?

RIDE-RED 250r
01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Try swapping the jets/brass out of your old factory carb into the new "ebay" carb. If it is a chinese knock-off carb that little trick just might work for you. I bought a chinese ebay carb for my son's 110 and ended up swapping the brass. The jet sizes on those ebay carbs can be a little off. After all said and done, I figured out I just had a timing issue and will be putting the Keihin back on it... Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Yamaha_Rules69
01-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Is it more like anything more than 1/2 throttle and it cuts out? If so, possible main jet problem. Raising/lowering the needle will only effect the throttle from 1/2 to slightly below 3/4 throttle, after that its all main jet. I would try that first. If the main just dosent cure it, it may be an ignition coil problem, I have been here before.

110klt
01-17-2012, 10:20 PM
I guess that is one thing I have not tried yet. For the cost I have invested so far it can't hurt to try.

Oh new aftermarket coil too .

MTS
01-17-2012, 10:23 PM
make sure your throttle cable is adjusted properly and opening the slide in the new carb all the way.