PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki 125 transmission

unclecracker
01-15-2012, 09:26 PM
I just bought a 83 LT 125 and have the following questions:

1) What is the shifting pattern? It seems to have neutral all over the place...

2) What position should the reverse lever be in to go into reverse and shift into it from neutral? I cannot get it into reverse.

3) Sounds like the gear box has a bad rattle, but only in some gears and not all of the time. Anything to check out on that?

I just picked it up recently non-running. They had soldered wires incorrectly (got that fixed to get it spark) and had about 4 or 5 quarts of motor oil in it....

99gsxr750
01-16-2012, 10:24 PM
The pattern should be n-1-2-3-4 either up or down - can't remember. For reverse the handle should be up and then shift into 1st. I think there is a small round shift indicator on the side. Sounds like you have trans problems which isn't too uncommon in the LT's.
My buddy has a 185 and it's a work horse. It's pulled my T-3 back a couple of times.
Good luck with it.

CRAZY70MAN
01-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Shift pattern is all down except for the low range which is 1 up from nuetral. Reverse is as follows.......engage into first gear...or 1 down.....and at a dead stop.....pull up on reverse lever...it may grind a little or pop in.........and that is reverse. To disengage.....stop and push lever down and shift back down and haul the mail.....lol....hope I helped...

unclecracker
01-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Got it figured out: 3rd gear is out. (now knowing there is low range one up I was able to get a consistent shift through the gears without 3rd to identify that) Plus reverse isn't working...damn Suzukis!