PDA

View Full Version : got me a new toy

thornton
01-14-2012, 11:04 AM
a few days ago i went and trade my r project for a 85 tri z drag bike its a wicked machine. rode it for the first time through the snow and its wild. its been quite a while since i have had a tri z and im liking it.

dirtface
01-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Nice looking trike. Did you buy it in PA?

TatTooL23
01-14-2012, 11:14 AM
cool man. bet that didn't steer to well in the snow with that tire, lol.

whyzee
01-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Sick! Is that a car tire on the front?

thornton
01-14-2012, 11:29 AM
i did get it in pa, punxsatawney pa. not to sure what kind of tire it is some type of asphalt tire. and it dosent steer to great in the snow

dirtface
01-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Thought so, the guy that owned it before the one you picked it up from was a member on here at one time. I guess that thing was a screamer.

Mosh
01-14-2012, 02:08 PM
If I am not mistaken that trike have belonged to "Kingnothing".
If so I think he had a Sprock bigbore kit in it.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/73105-Porting-my-Tri-Z-sprock-Big-Bore?highlight=

dirtface
01-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Ya, that's who owned it a while back, but I'm thinking something went "sour" with the big bore kit. Head and cylinder does look different, all I know is it is suppose to still run, very well. You can definately pick it out of a crowd with that pipe on, LOL!!!

thornton
01-14-2012, 02:25 PM
very good chance it was his bike the guy i got it from either deals with king nothing or is one of his freinds cause the name king nothing was mentioned when we were trading. it does have a engraving on the jug that says bdr

xrider
01-14-2012, 03:49 PM
The front tire looks like a Duro flat track tire off a quad

Team ATC
01-14-2012, 03:59 PM
sweet trike

Bryan Raffa
01-14-2012, 03:59 PM
does it have a sprock head? if not ,, its not a bigbore on it ...

thornton
01-15-2012, 01:37 PM
not sure what kind of head it has but heres a couple pics let me know what u guys think it is

Mosh
01-15-2012, 08:39 PM
That is a Sprock head.

Now I am not sure what went "sour" with the BB kit. But I do recall the guy that bought the kit was messing around with the porting on it. For some reason I think he said it was running hi 7's or 8's in 300ft dirt drags. Hardly what a BB Z should run. I know my runs in the low to mid 5's and may be capable of high 4's if I really tried to squeeze it for everything it has.

So I dont know if his porting went wrong or there was a tuning issue or a BB issue. That jug looks cut to me which needs done on the Sprock BB..But it is only a pic so I can tell how tall the jug is.
The upper motor mount needed slotted to make up for the lower head posistion due to the jug alter. And yours appears to have that done, because of the paint missing at the bolt location. The only way to tell is to remove the head and look at the piston size.
I dont know if it is water or mud and snow, but it looks like there is moisture wicking up from the coolhead studs unless your top hose is leaking onto the head. Make sure it isnt coolant. If it is, you need to remove it an replace the o rings if it is not coming from the hose.

thornton
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
the o rings do need replaced it has a little seepage coming out of the studs. thanks for the info