PDA

View Full Version : Is it hard to change the jetting on a 4-stroke carb?

leprogle
11-11-2003, 09:31 PM
I have a 185s, it has a 41 tooth sprocket, and i'm planning on putting a cobra megaphone and a k&n on her and I think i should put a bigger main jet in, but is it hard to do? do they just screw in, or do they have to set a certain way??
anybody?????????

aronzona
11-11-2003, 09:37 PM
The jet is just pressed in. I would not suggest changing the jet. The mods you are making will not affect your carb to the point you will need to change the jetting. If you do decide to do it just change it one size at a time.

200Xtreme
11-11-2003, 09:53 PM
With your new pipe you should jet up approx. 1 jet size. This is pretty simple to do. On the bottom of your carb, you will see a drain plug in the bottom of your float bowl. Remove this plug, and directly beneath it you will see the brass colored main jet. Remove this with a 1/4" socket and install the new jet. Reassemble!

Dirtcrasher
11-12-2003, 07:51 PM
I know nothing about your particular trike but I will share this. I tossed a COBRA on my 250SX 4 stroke and took the air box lid off (more air out = more air in) and it did not run well or gain any power but was louder than hell. UNTIL!! I went from a 130main jet (stock) to a 138main and I'm willing to bet I could go up a bit more!! All motors and situations are different but my COBRA SX blows the doors off my stock one. Jets are a piece of cake to change - again I don't know that model but as far as I've seen - only the pilot or starter jets are pressed in and they aren't a problem other than finding other size jets - all the main jets that I run into are threaded in and in my case the main was the one most affected by the megaphone - GOOD LUCK and ENJOY!!!!