PDA

View Full Version : 84 200x, How Much?

zainyD
01-13-2012, 09:43 AM
*Moderators, if this thread belongs in a different part of the forum please forgive the error and move it to where it needs to go.*

Anyway, I spied an add in my local Craigslist yesterday for an 84 200x. The add was very vague and didn't even include a price so I e-mailed the seller and asked about condition, etc, etc. The sellers replied quickly and said he was selling to fund a new hobby, but didn't specify which one. Supposedly, it needs brakes, but runs great, starts the first kick, and does not smoke(classic Craiglist lines, right). It will come with an extra frame, exhaust, and a couple other miscellaneous parts. The seller still hasn't given a price so I'm going to call they guy and see about going look at it. Then I'll be able to tell what kind of shape it's in. If everything checks out OK what's a fair price to offer? If I get it I don't want to spend too much, but I also want to be fair.

What should I look for when inspecting the bike and what's a fair price for this make/model year? It seems parts are plentiful and pretty easy to find judging by what I saw on Ebay. Thanks for the help!

swampthang
01-13-2012, 09:57 AM
I'd say a decent shape 1st gen 200x is worth anywhere from $400-$700 depending on condition.

zainyD
01-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Anything in particular to look for on these trikes?

swampthang
01-13-2012, 02:06 PM
The gears that run the kick starter strip out easy and you have to split the case to fix them. Other then that just look for the usual stuff, cracked case,leaky gaskets,rusty tank,bearings,breaks,suspention,etc... Got any picturs of it so we can get a better idea of what it's worth?

Dirtcrasher
01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I've seen guys get them for 50$,100$ or more in the range Swampthang suggested.

Point out all the bad, tell him how old it is and that the used parts are crap and new ones are discontinued. Feel him out and see what comes on it as well as the extras. It may be bone stock, may have some goodies, might even have trailpros!! :lol:

Look for oil leaks around the head, get it hot and check the clutch, bent forks, bent axle and so on.......

Xpress
01-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Test rides are a must...

350XJEDI
01-13-2012, 06:08 PM
:wonderingask about a title, if no , ask if you can run the vin# to make sure not stolen , check both frames ,whichever is clean thats the one to build and register. good luck !:D

zainyD
01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
The seller e-mailed me a picture, but for some reason all I got was a red X. Otherwise, I would have posted it already. I was going to go look at it yesterday, but work got in the way. I'll call him up and see if I can check it out this afternoon. If I do get to go see it I'll bring along a camera and snap some pictures.

I'll definitely be checking the VIN #'s on the two frames. No title required here in Florida, but I will definitely check for one.