PDA

View Full Version : 350x carb troubles

Dynofox
11-11-2003, 05:20 PM
I brought my 350 from my shed to our garage so I could put the new tires and rims I have coming for it tomorrow and I had it running and all of a sudden it quit. I went to start it back up and it wouldn't start and then gas started pouring out of the carb vent lines. It wasn't a constant pouring, it would come out for a few seconds and then stop, only to do it again a minute or 2 later. It seems like the time in between it pouring out of the vent lines the carb is filling up until it reaches the vent tubes. I have the gas turned off now so it would stop doing this. I'm going to take a look at it later tonight but thought if anyone had any ideas what is going on that would be great.

kdagenais
11-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Sounds like your needle valve inside of the carb is sticking. Take it apart and clean her up specifically around the needle valve. Before you put the float bowl back on push the float up and down and make sure the needle is not sticking. Probably just a piece of dirt stuck in it stopping the needle valve from closing all the way.
Good Luck!

jeswinehart
11-11-2003, 07:52 PM
well that sounds a little odd for sure Dynofox. if that happened to me i would start with tapping on the carb with a wood handle of a hammer to see if it would seat properly. next i would shut the fuel off like you have done and spray carb cleaner into the carb thru the overflow tube in hopes of flushing out the small peice of crud that must have gotten in there (leaving the bowl drain open) then i reckon i would try carb cleaner thru the intake while running and if all the above failed i suppose i would take the carb off + take it all apart to inspect/clean.
kinda a pain in the but for just wanting to change tires,,,

john

Dynofox
11-11-2003, 10:08 PM
kinda a pain in the but for just wanting to change tires,,,

john

LOL You're right!

Thanks for the tip guys. My dad and I took the carb off and the needle was stuck so we cleaned it and seems fine now.