PDA

View Full Version : powder coating prices

sportvette
11-11-2003, 11:35 AM
hello,

i am going to shop around for powder coating prices for a frame, foot pegs, and swingarm (hubs and axle if possible and affordable).

what is the going rate to get these parts powder coated?

if someone has powder coated there bikes, could you please post what you had powdercoated and how much?

if you are in new york, also let me know who did the work.

thanks,
mark

ejc042
11-11-2003, 11:37 AM
I got my 350X frame powdercoated for $200.

dividebyzero
11-11-2003, 02:27 PM
frame-$120.swingarm-$50?.hubs-$5 or $10 a piece,can't remember.Prices don't include sandblasting charges.I think it was around $50 to do all of them.Plus i had a few smaller parts,which costed next to nothing.

ange
11-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Sportvette,
shop around!!! In the NYC area there are probably a million shops that can do it. I almost fell over when ejc said he paid $200 to get his frame done! If you aren't doing anything too exotic in color, they should be able to throw your stuff through in the same batch as a "normal" job.

Recently had 4 17" wheels powdercoated then clear coated for $200 (and thats going through a third party). If I went directly to the shop, it would have been much less.(now I know)

My friends own a bicycle company, they make their own frames.... it cost them ~$25 per frame to get powder coated. So I imagine a trike frame in standard colors shouldn't be more than $100.

mike from long island
11-11-2003, 08:38 PM
hey matt heres what the triz parts where and a total price they bead blasted them too this was drop off and pic up. this is what i had done

86 tri-z parts
frame,
swingarm,
footpegs,
gas tank guard,
headlight guard,
skid plate,
boost bootle bracket,
overflow bracket,
sprocket hub,
brake disc hub,
carrier,
and probably some other small parts i also had a yamaha warrior swingarm powder coated as well.the frame and two swingarms where powder coated an aluminum color and the rest was gloss black. total for all was $420. i got it done in shirley off of sunrise at ultimate powder coating here is the telephone #631-399-4527 just a place to get a price sorry they didnt break down each part hows the tecate coming? later mike

Mike Fort Laud
11-11-2003, 09:42 PM
I did my 250R frame red and my swingarm gold as well as my seat latch and a few other pieces for about $225.

sportvette
11-11-2003, 10:53 PM
thanks for all the info guys.

the tecate is coming along good.

today i took the entire front end apart. i am actually asking about powder coating prices for the tecate.

the pipe is actually a kxt pipe, it was just missing the mount. i think the silencer is the wrong part, i ordered a dg from mawonline.com

so far i have been able to locate many parts and even the service manuals. i plan on figuring out whats up with the wiring, and repairing that.

the rear shock was in good condition, it just needed to be adjusted.

here is the only trouble i have ran into so far:
- i snapped a rusted bolt in the lower triple clamp that holds the front fender.
- i cant remove the right radiator shroud from the gas tank, the nut spins inside the gas tank.

ill get over these two problems somehow.

otherwise so far so good. spent over a grand in parts already, and still looking to buy some stuff. it should be one hot momma when i am done with it.

thanks,
mark

bobr
11-11-2003, 11:36 PM
350X pegs and brackets $40 master cyl. guard $10