PDA

View Full Version : Makin bakin, err nerf bars..

Instinctz
11-20-2002, 01:13 AM
Hey, im tryin to tweak out my 250r a little while I wait to save up and buy a new 86 R, and I am just wanting to make some nerf bars for the pegs.

Do you guys have any helpful comments on how I should go about doing this? I plan on designing the plans, and in a while I am going to buy me a welder. How could I go about bending the pipe for the frame of the bar.

How would I go about bending metal for a grab bar as well?

Thanks!

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-20-2002, 01:27 AM
:idea: warm up the pipe with a lighter or candle, and bend it over your knee, make sure you put lots of muscle into it ;)

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-20-2002, 01:29 AM
no, but really, heres a way that i bend metal, heat it up with a torch till it gets really hot, but dont cut it, clamp one and, and grab the other end with pliars, and hit the middle of the part you want to bend with a hammer and it bends, when it cools down you have to keep warming it up....this is the way i do it, but theres probly a simpler way...

NOS_350X
11-20-2002, 02:33 AM
use a pipe bender no heating they work great and there easy to use
or u can put it in a vice heat it up with a torch till its glowing red and hit it with a hammer but u loose alot of strength that way and its not as easy

BLAZERONE22
11-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Yeah, a muffler shop can bend it for you real fast. Let me know how it comes out. I'm kicking that idea around on the nerf bars for my 83 250r.