PDA

View Full Version : Custom Wheeler

honda200
11-10-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey guys and Gals
I have taken upon myself to try and build a complete custom 3 wheeler frame (about 3 or 4 feet long, 3 feet wide, rough) and drop in the spare engine from the old Yamaha Tri-Moto 175 2 stroke, but, the one exception, no seat, you got a spot to stand, and then wheelie bars, i will use it for a show bike, and to wheelie, I just have a couple of questions on the Tri Moto engine, do they have a clutch? this engine does run, and the tri moto we have sittin out back does not appear to have a clutch handle, but the engine thats sittin under my truck appears t have a clutch cable comin from it, I need some help on this, I got thinkin bout it when i went to this huge flea market and saw a rolling chassis of one with a kawasaki KXT (??) 80 with a FMF fatty pipe on it, it looked SOOOO killer! the engine was just sittin there, 100 bucks with the engine included, 5 without, I was just runnin back to get my wallet when some punk ass kid asks why I am runnin, i tell him to go away, then i look back to it, then he goes and buys it! whata punk! i wanted to kick his arse! but hey he was ALOT bigger then me oops so yea

Let me know your thoughts

Curtis

ATC crazy
11-10-2003, 10:01 PM
3' wide...wow! I take it you mean with the axle installed?

Good luck

honda200
11-10-2003, 10:02 PM
yes, from rear wheel to rear wheel, sorry bout that

Curtis

bigred110
11-10-2003, 10:48 PM
If it's a 175 then it doesn't have a clutch cable, their auto clutch.
It does have a auto lube system on it, on the lower right hand side. It's for 2 stroke oil, so you don't have to premix it.
If it is a 175, they're a wheelie machine right out the door, having the engine almost sit inside the rear tires.

honda200
11-10-2003, 10:49 PM
thanks alot, anyone ever done or seen this? pics be nice!

Curtis