PDA

View Full Version : ytm help front wheel question, pls

lartrike
12-28-2011, 08:08 AM
hey whats up 3wwers, i need help with my 85 ytm 225. i am going through the bike cause i just bought it, fixin brakes ect. i wanted to check out the front wheel
components ect so here is my question, i loosened the axel nut and on the last thread the nut shot off and the fork has come out couple inches. are ytm's
suppose to be like this? it doesnt seem right that with a ratchet strap around the forks the axel bolt still dosnt have enough thread to start the nut. i hope
someone see's this and can help me out. im thinkin the forks are bent, so im gunna take em off the triples and square em up. i was thinkin worste case before and
if they r bent i can bolt up wheel and then put the assy back in triples, unless there is a trick to these? thanks in advance

110klt
12-28-2011, 08:18 AM
If it were me I would measure the forks maybe bottom and highest point where the fork diameter is still the same and see if the measurements are the same. I have been thinking this over in my mind and i do not come up with a senerio where you can bend a set of forks outward. Are you sure you are running the correct front hub and axle bolt? I mean did someone try to put one on that was 1/2" to narrow? just ideas, but I would measure first.

lartrike
12-28-2011, 08:44 AM
yeah man, i agree with ya. the bolt could be too short. i got cables with trike and was told they where too long. i took apart rear and "triangle" part was on wrong so that is very possible, cause yes trailprotrailpro rite, it would be ard for the forks to bend out to the left. thanks man im gunna pull it apart today.

lartrike
12-28-2011, 08:46 AM
i guess when i misspell "your" i get the tires lol? wasnt a curse word i promise