PDA

View Full Version : Getting my Ice Fishing Rig ready to go.

DasUberKraut
12-27-2011, 11:50 AM
I was outside in the garage yesterday and was playing with my 125m. Dug my ice fishing sled out and decided to rig it to the Trike so I didn't have to try and cram everything on the rear rack. Cut some PVC pipe just over 2 feet long. Should have measured the rope first. You get a good idea from the pic though. Should be pretty slick. Just gotta shorten up the rope some to take the play out and reinforce the sled with better washers. Just a basic weight bearing carabiener. Not a cheap keychain one.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/Duggalo/IceRig.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/Duggalo/IceRig2.jpg

Tking
12-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Looks nice, I just wish the ice would thicken up a little more. It's been a poor winter so far getting out on the lake, way to warm.

DasUberKraut
12-27-2011, 12:05 PM
I know what you mean Tking. Normally we'd have over 6" of good ice by now. I don't think most places around me are over 4". My buddy was down in Alma the last few days and said there were spots that were 2". I'm thinking 2 or 3 more weeks before it gets cold and stays cold. Such an odd winter this year. I heard on the news last night it was 54 in the Twin Cities yesterday setting a new record high. Crazy. :wondering

Tking
12-27-2011, 01:10 PM
If I remember right the last couple of years I would be driving out on the ice with my truck by this time of the year. I guess I will have to settle for the warm weather. That kind of sounds strange but I would like to get out and fish.

Thorpe
12-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Ice up on the northern end of the cities is about 7-8" now... Was out tearing the lake behind my house Christmas day with the 50 and atc70! Das- if we ever get any snow, you may want to move your tow point up to the grab bar... Otherwise it trys to drag it through the snow, rather than above it. I had to re-work my clam hitch on my BR to keep it up aways last year...

Tking
12-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Did you hear about the guy a couple of weeks ago on red lake? He was out fishing and where he was, the ice (20+acre piece) broke loose and started floating away they had to get a helicopter to air lift him out of there. His 4 wheeler got stranded on the ice sheet that was floating away. Talk about an expensive day of fishing, I wonder if he was able to get his 4wheeler back.

chuckiedog04
12-27-2011, 02:37 PM
yeah i heard that red lake story also. ive been fishing alot at this little lake by my place though. easily 10" of ice. my sisters boyfriend has a house up on red lake i'm most likely gonna go to soon though. i hear if you stay close its all good. Kind of nervous about it though,

Thorpe
12-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Saw a few small permanent houses out on Parkers lake in Plymouth, and a few starting to go out on the bays of Minnetonka while I was out in the truck today...

Scootertrash
12-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Did you hear about the guy a couple of weeks ago on red lake? He was out fishing and where he was, the ice (20+acre piece) broke loose and started floating away they had to get a helicopter to air lift him out of there. His 4 wheeler got stranded on the ice sheet that was floating away. Talk about an expensive day of fishing, I wonder if he was able to get his 4wheeler back.

They pulled 20 guys and a bunch wheelers off of a chunk on the Dead Sea (Mille Lacs) last week too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPrqof4HiDM&feature=related