PDA

View Full Version : OC250r's 3000th post 12.25.11

Orangecnty250r
12-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey fellow triker guys and gals, Yes….to many words in this post!!!

Well here I am at my 3000th post on 3www :beer. I figured I would make it somewhat special with just a few pics of the hundreds I have taken.

Even though I haven’t posted many photos and updates lately, the motivation and progress has never slowed. At ANY given time, I have something going on with multiple sources to get these done. For example, at any moment in the week we have Mike at Vintage restoring a motor or zinc plating , HRE ATV fabbing or fixing something, Mosh ‘s having a seat do, painter painting, powder-coating guy doing his thing, John molding me plastics, 2 different decal guys working on my needs , or me hand cutting the Franks patterns (as he did in the mid 80’s), A fiberglass guy working his magic, A brake line guide making them to spec, A machine shop machining, and Gking….oh yeah some work coming your way!

Here is the summary-

CAGIVA (Tricky Dicks) Motor (picture included) has made tremendous progress. I need 2 parts for it and I am almost there. The internals are near extinct. This one will have an NOS piston cylinder, NOS ignition and I have located 34/ 36 internal parts, mostly NOS, I have needed to find over the last 4 years. At this point, I am only waiting on 1 bearing and a shift plate…And I have Andy Trick Dick Jr. helping me with that. We are also beginning to work with Maier (maybe with Tammy’s help) to perfect the color for the rear fender and pop a few.

FRANKS 3 and 4 wheeler - Please guys if someone you know has a Kelvin Franks racer please connect them with me. I am trying to network. It seems like I have the only 4 that are public. There has to be more!! Look at the one teaser before and after pic. Mike from Vintage just finished the rotax from the dual radiator FRANKS model and completed another motor for the early model pictured!! I am going to have a FRANKS photo that will blow your mind come spring!!! This deadline will be met because I am practically ready for the shot right now. Unfortunately ,I had to move the FRANKS to another rented shop because I ran out of room in the Tiger shop.

TIGER ATV – What can I say? I am a sick B*aS&rd. Factory buyout, molds etc!!! Check out the picture that has more tigers and chassis’s in my shop than the tiger factory photos. The record now stands at 19 tigers and chassis in one location….I had a frame in PA so it was almost 20. I sold a few of the extra chassis and projects. Much progress made here especially with the rare 3rd generation dual rad models. The second gen line up will be up to par by mid-summer. Time for Dr. Death….Yeah Right LOL

So that’s what we have-……20 active builds of some of the rarest models in 3 wheeling history…TIGERS, FRANKS, and CAGIVA…..OC is still in the game, I always go big …just behind the scenes a bit. As you can imagine 20 zinc plating lots, 10-15 of the motors needing full restore, painting and powdering 20 machines, finding parts, seats, 40-45 tires etc, etc, etc. takes time patience, good resources/vendors, and $$$$. Hell, even grips and new Magura throttles add up for that many bikes!!! John, you can now see why I needed that many red shift boots!! I have worked 2 jobs and weekends for the last 14 years. And for the past year and a half I picked up a third job just to finish what I started with these builds!!

But the journey is winding down….the hard part is done and the next 12 -18 months will be something for all to enjoy as the final assemblies begin to take place. Looks like from my 3WWW sign on date in 2004, 2014 will be a realistic finish date for ALL of these….2014 …..OC’s decade in the making!!!

devilman
12-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Congrats on the post number. much more impressive than the pics you posted!!!! One of those 125s, thats not the one you got from down here is it?

Vealmonkey
12-25-2011, 07:42 PM
There always seems to be 1 Tiger model left out. What's up with the 80?????

Orangecnty250r
12-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Congrats on the post number. much more impressive than the pics you posted!!!! One of those 125s, thats not the one you got from down here is it?

That's the one!!

Orangecnty250r
12-25-2011, 07:46 PM
There always seems to be 1 Tiger model left out. What's up with the 80?????

You can see a piece of it ;).....and that's not the only thing left out :naughty:

AirManCam
12-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Impressive collection! I take it you're from OC? Where about's are you down there? I deer hunt the Stewart airport and have some private land in blooming grove. I'd love to check out the collection at some point!

weed
12-25-2011, 08:00 PM
holy sh!t batman

Swinger
12-25-2011, 08:15 PM
WOW!!! Very impressive collection! I made my wife come to see it also because that is just that awesome! Hats off to you man! How do you find time to do all this with 3 jobs- lots of coffee??

HondaHarry
12-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Huge Amounts of Respect! Thanks for sharing these with us! HH

userj8670
12-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Hey OC - just curious but where are you in new york?

jays375
12-25-2011, 08:41 PM
WOW!That is one impressive collection of awesome trikes!Another member told me of it and said you can't believe it.Think he has been to your place maybe,atcman77.Glad you posted those and I got to see them.

TheBlueWale
12-25-2011, 09:05 PM
That's an awesome collection, I can't wait to see them all on 3 wheels.

Is the last engine pictured going to go in the "works" Tiger?

Orangecnty250r
12-25-2011, 09:33 PM
That's an awesome collection, I can't wait to see them all on 3 wheels.

Is the last engine pictured going to go in the "works" Tiger?

That motor is a Kelvin Franks modified rotax with the go cart top end Mike at Vintage just refinished. That is the motor from the dual radiator franks 3 wheeler. Mike at Vintage is currently completing the Mickey Dunlap Proto motor and the "Works" TIGER motor!

jeswinehart
12-25-2011, 09:44 PM
I considered it a high honor to be asked by you to reproduce those shifter covers Bill, so much so it will be listed on any personal references I might need, trike related or not.
Now, about the guide thing you posted about ,,,, (?).

That is one heck of a collection/labor of love right there in the photographs

TatTooL23
12-25-2011, 10:49 PM
amazing.... i still want a Tiger 250 very very badly..... and i will eventually have one.

Thorpe
12-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Well now... I am all excited/bothered... Thanks alot, gotta try and sleep with a stiffie now! Cold shower, here I come...

Dirtcrasher
12-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Well worth hitting the 3000 mark! :beer

You know were all drooling........

fabiodriven
12-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Hey OC - just curious but where are you in new york?

I'm sure he's just itching to tell everyone that.

OC, I'm speechless. Well, now I am.

Yamaha_Rules69
12-26-2011, 12:21 AM
How much $ is that lot of tigers worth? I am sure it is deffinatly a jaw dropper. Very nice collection, and nice to see them all in the same area. Thanks for sharing!

jfaulkner02
12-26-2011, 12:45 AM
That is an amazing collection. Just out of curiousity, what does a decent running Tiger 250 go for?

Dirtcrasher
12-26-2011, 12:57 AM
^ My god, "decent running" get ready to refinance the house, :lol:

OC may make it look easy but it's surely been thousands of hours of searching out leads with just a portion working out; The Tiger buy out didn't hurt him either ;)

jays375
12-26-2011, 01:54 AM
There is alot of time and pride in such a collection.The attention to detail of each machine is unbelievable.When I heard about it couldn't believe somebody could have it.Now seeing pictures I am totally blown away.Thanks for sharing.

code200k
12-26-2011, 10:48 AM
impressive collection.Even better that it is in New York lol.Btw did you see the cagiva 500 on craigslist? I bought some tri z stuff of the guy,He has some Nos cagiva stuff also

Mosh
12-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Now there is something you don't see everyday.
:D
Nice work. Appreciate someone like you keeping a "few" of these around in nice shape for the history. The amount of time invested alone in the acquisition of them, has to be off the charts.

Buster Brown
12-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Amazing Bill....
Just amazing! Thanks for the show & tell.

Bryan Raffa
12-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Hey OC... Time for another addition on the house already!!!! Love the Franks!!! but waiting on a Cagiva Update!!!!!!:naughty:

userj8670
12-27-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm sure he's just itching to tell everyone that.

OC, I'm speechless. Well, now I am.

Yep cuz im sure everyone and thier brother is gonna make a pilgrimage to NY and barnstorm his house. Jeez some people are so testy.

atc007
12-27-2011, 10:51 AM
What to say Bill... The time, work,dedication,and obviously cash ,,to pull that off is unimagineable to most. Completely and utterly not even fathomable to work hard enough to sink that kind of investment into ...... THREE WHEELERS !!! I have dedicated a lot of my lifes savings to the 3 wheeler world,,No pun intended?! So,I have a Good idea.. but ,,WOW,,Just WOW.. We need therapy my friend.....

rdlsz24
12-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Awesome collection. You must either be single or have a very understanding sig. other lol

Rob

vintagemotorsports
12-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Nice pictures Bill, I can tell you guys first hand this is a very impressive collection. I have seen this collection grow from day 1 and I was just at his place a little while ago dropping off an engine and it has grown bigger than you can imagine. to see all of these historic ATVs all in one place is very cool. there is so much in one place it almost gives you the feeling these things are easy to find and restore but that can not be farther from the truth. I have been involved in a good chunk of these bikes at some point or another and I can tell you they are all impressive but the franks stuff to me is like artwork. I have rebuilt 2 of his engines now and man the stuff this guy did to these engines are mind blowing . you cant just order stock parts for these there was so much modified machine work done within each one it was fun seeing what he did just to have a little edge over the other guys , and Kelvin was a true craftsman in every respect of the word from his meticulous machine work , all his hand built parts built to perfection , his tig welds are mind blowing all of this stuff is a historic reminder of what a true master craftsman is before the time of computers and automated machine work. you guys are in for a treat when the rest of bills treasures come out to play !! Nice stuff Bill,,,

Mike

TrickyDickII
12-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Wow! That's very impressive Bill! Who's that in the backround in pic #8? :)

thestud25
12-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Wow! That's very impressive Bill! Who's that in the backround in pic #8? :)

I saw that as well!!

Super nice collection!!

JasonB
12-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Good lawdy that's a lot of amazing bikes! Congrats on the post count too lol just wow though, nice collection

1tonofsh!t
12-27-2011, 02:07 PM
I just lifted my jaw off of the ground!

Tking
12-27-2011, 02:36 PM
That's the most Tigers I've ever seen, very nice. Like some of the others I would love to have a Tiger some day.

250Rjunky
12-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow!! Who and what is Franks'??? Sorry for my ignorance, but this is new to me! Do you have a link you can post to info on them and/or history of them?

Billy Golightly
12-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Best collection ever posted on 3WW!!!!! Fantastic work man...I love the fact that you've elevated the restorations to the level you have, perfect in every detail and point. Pure awesomeness.

bigworm626
12-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I just lifted my jaw off of the ground!

X2 on that! Holy Sh!t. Super collection. Much respect from the west coast lawd!

Orangecnty250r
12-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Today was a perfect example of a day in the life of OC's builds....something going on everyday

A tiger rear end I bought out of MI showed up...I bought a 3/4 machine that found me....just for the solid 1st generation rear disc ( the early model disc had no holes only slots) I was missing one for my 1st generation restore.

I followed up on Andy's (Tricky Dick II) lead for a cagiva bottom end....and secured my parts to FINALLY finish the cagiva motor. The builder who has that motor (KN) was excited and said he was ready to start charging rent :lol:......thanks Andy.

Mosh's are done with a red seat and i'm getting ready to paypal them.

Spoke with OMF on the beadlock rings and they only have the wavy models.....they told me they scrapped the stack of old school 9 inch rings that sat for years. :cry:

Worked on the decals for the KTM FRANKS tank.

TrickyDickII
12-27-2011, 10:30 PM
I love it when a plan comes together!

Cagiva Kid
03-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Wow, very impressive collection OC.:drool: Andy, I expect to see your garage just like that one day except replace all of those white trikes with orange ones. :p