PDA

View Full Version : My son's new toy!

jsmay
12-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Well my son's(I have 3) all have machines... dirt bikes honda 50/70 and my smallest boy rides a 50cc atv. Well they have been talking about 3 wheelers ect. So I said Ok, I will list your dirt bikes on craigslist and when they sell we will look for atc's. Well my middle boys crf50 sold in like 5hrs! I ended up finding him an 84' atc 70. It's mainly original, just has bigger bars on it but i did get the stock ones too. I spent 2 hrs last night getting all the crappy stickers off and started cleaning it up. I plan to get a grab bar and new front fender(front has a nasty crack). tank is nice and clean. I didn't tell him i was going, so when i got home my wife sent him out to see if i needed help... he was shocked to say the least. And then proceeded to rip it around the yard at 8:30pm last night! good thing he has a snow mobile helmet, cause it was cold and rainy last night. My older boy is dyin for his crf70 to sell so we can get him an atc too! they are already asking about the ice! not sure if momma is gonna let that happen.

1tonofsh!t
12-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Awsome! :D

Swinger
12-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Nice looking machine!

aldochina
12-20-2011, 11:15 AM
cool man! kids always want what daddy rides!! i'm trying to get mine going for christmas. did you ride it LOL!! i suppose the small bikes go fast. you cant buy them from dealers anymore right??

bigworm626
12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
yeah! ok manolo!

bcredneck
12-20-2011, 02:12 PM
cool man! kids always want what daddy rides!! i'm trying to get mine going for christmas. did you ride it LOL!! i suppose the small bikes go fast. you cant buy them from dealers anymore right??
why cant you get them any more did they get banned like trikes this world is going to $h!T it like the goverment thinks we are all retards incapable of the simplest tasks im starting to wonder why its still legal to walk down stairs without a helmet or take a dump in my own house

Jon Boy
12-20-2011, 02:19 PM
i heard they were, but only because they fell with-in the "lead law" crap. i think it might of been overturned by now, but not really totally sure about it. :rolleyes:

bcredneck
12-20-2011, 02:35 PM
what they thought kids were chewing on there dirtbikes now if i had ideas that stupid at work id losse my job if you work for the man stupidity is rewarded with a yearly income i couldnt make in a decade

web3wheels
12-20-2011, 03:20 PM
FYI looks nicer than the 84 i just bought and sold it for $400. yours should be worth more than that!

jays375
12-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Looks good!I always thought a hour meter on a 70 would be neat.

thestud25
12-20-2011, 07:11 PM

The ban has been lifted and they are selling them again.

BC was right. The CPSC was concerned about the lead P.P.M. in the parts used to manufacture the bikes, quads, etc that were designed for children.

Nice trike by the way!!!!!

jsmay
12-21-2011, 08:55 AM
yeah, funny thing is the guy that bought it was buying it for himself! his buddy's all have these crf50's tricked out and race them on a track. I was showing my son how to ride and man, that thing is a blast! I totally want one. I have a small track at my parents property, and can't get my 200x really outta first. This thing was awesome over there. I'm thinking of building one from a parts machine and putting a piranha 125cc motor on it. we'll see, looking forward to a few inches of snow for this thing.