PDA

View Full Version : which knock off motor?

riverrat
12-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Want to put something with more power in my 110. There is so many to choose from. How is the reliability, which brand? Want to spend under $500.

GeoD
12-18-2011, 02:20 AM
Look into the Lifan motors. They make a 200cc motor. Many people are using the Lifan motors to replace their old tired ATC motors. I believe many of their motors fit the Honda chassis near perfect. I have heard that these motors have a bit more pep than the original Honda motors!

Gotta love the mouth popping soda bottle exhaust sound from this next video!! Too bad the freakin dude is going to blowup the motor before it's even broken in (or mounted in the frame)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkoUmw9lM5E

riverrat
12-18-2011, 02:57 AM
I think lifan is more on the expensive side, and other brands put out more power. I think there is some good 140 size motors out there.

RamsesRibb
12-18-2011, 04:24 AM
LOL
I feel sorry for the mentally challenged guy in the video.

Headsup
12-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Sorry no info to help, But does that have no Exhaust on it? LOL what a fool...

:wondering

350xx
12-18-2011, 05:13 AM
Lifan for sure.

350xx
12-18-2011, 05:16 AM
look into the lifan motors. They make a 200cc motor. Many people are using the lifan motors to replace their old tired atc motors. I believe many of their motors fit the honda chassis near perfect. I have heard that these motors have a bit more pep than the original honda motors!

Gotta love the mouth popping soda bottle exhaust sound from this next video!! Too bad the freakin dude is going to blowup the motor before it's even broken in (or mounted in the frame)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkoumw9lm5e

dumbasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

atc350xer
12-18-2011, 08:20 AM
I have a Lifan 125 motor in a 70, and it's cool and all... however, it's no Honda. It vibrates alot, and you have to have it in neutral to start it.... I used to this this was no big deal, but it really is a pain - it's nice to be able to pull in the clutch and fire it up!

hoosierlogger
12-18-2011, 08:52 AM
I have a Lifan 125 motor in a 70, and it's cool and all... however, it's no Honda. It vibrates alot, and you have to have it in neutral to start it.... I used to this this was no big deal, but it really is a pain - it's nice to be able to pull in the clutch and fire it up!

I have a Lifan 140, it does vibrate a good bit, it will start in any gear.

Mosh
12-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Look into the Pirhanas. I dont think mine vibrates all that bad, starts in any gear, had it for a year, so far so good. I think the whole kit ran me around $300 for the 125 with carb and harness. I have used a few of those engines and they are all goin good. I know of a Pirhana 140 that has been ragged on hard for 3 years with no issues yet also.
http://stores.wholesale-cycle.com/-strse-Complete-Engines/Categories.bok

HAHAHA LMAO...At this kid in the video.. It simply amazes me more and more everday, that these people can actually put on a pair of pants and manage to go out and "function" in the world, just doing simple day to day tasks. Like using the bathroom or breathing for example.
Look at the rest of his vids. Perfect case for "Worlds Dumbest" Tv shows.

jb2wheels
12-18-2011, 11:13 AM
I have a Loncin 200cc OHV in my 200x. It doesn't vibrate and it rips. It looks just like a Lifan except the stickers. I bet it comes off the same production line.

As far as the laydown knockoffs, they are based on the Honda 50/70 cases and bolt up to the frame a little differently. There was a real nice ATC90 with a GPX177 covnersion done by one of the members here a while back. I can't remember who built it.

dratv has some info about the conversion as well. Have fun!

Frankencelery
12-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I'd never heard about Lifans vibrating. Do you think that's because they're putting much bigger displacement into the same case size, or is it really a Lifan-specific issue?

I've never bought one yet, but I was thinking about buying a replacement ATC70 motor here:

http://www.hooperimports.com/