PDA

View Full Version : Todays Barn Find

MRSOUND
12-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Seen a homemade flyer for these at a small local atv shop for $650. 85' BR & 83 200e
The good:
Picked them both up for $250
Both Bikes fired up without starter fluid
Even got owners manual & title for the 200e
95% of 200e is there.
Both tanks although scratched and BR dented are very clean inside:p

The bad:
BR I was told was rolled....no plastics, no rack (guy took front rack off the e and put it on this one), no headlight, bent handlebars, no ignition switch. will be a decent parts bike for my 86' BR. Just too much missing to revive her I believe.:(

The "e" will probably need the the whole rear axle assemble replaced. Bearing went out and he kept running it till there was nothing left. Was out so bad it broke the chain and tore the chain guard up some too.
Couldn't pass it up though.:twisted:

AtcFactoryRacer
12-17-2011, 01:43 PM
wow great find! the 200e looks to be in great shape

MRSOUND
12-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Other than the rear end issue and front brake lever missing its pretty complete. Was kinda psyched first one with a title! Even got an extra key with it:p

Swinger
12-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Heck of a deal there bud!! Good job on finding those!!

Thorpe
12-17-2011, 02:07 PM
If you part the BR, I am interested in the tank!

MRSOUND
12-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Not sure if I want to part it out yet or just keep as a spare in case anything "breaks" on my 86. Will keep you in mind if I do though. Already found a few things I'm gonna swap over to the 86BR due to being nicer than whats on it.

blue27
12-17-2011, 02:44 PM
good deal, its an addiction you know!!

MRSOUND
12-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Living the addiction Blue! I bought my first trike the 86 Br last march as a project to tinker with. Only 9 months later and I now have 8 machines in various states between running to strictly parts doners. Anyway just fired up the the 85 BR and ran it in the field beside me just to see if it was mechanically sound. Went through all 5 gears and reverse.:Bounce Working well, can't say the same for the brakes though. Fresh oil, lube, and a carb cleaning and I believe it will be a solid drive-train! Tempting to try and but back together.....:crazy:

tri again
12-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Living the addiction Blue! I bought my first trike the 86 Br last march as a project to tinker with. Only 9 months later and I now have 8 machines in various states between running to strictly parts doners. Anyway just fired up the the 85 BR and ran it in the field beside me just to see if it was mechanically sound. Went through all 5 gears and reverse.:Bounce Working well, can't say the same for the brakes though. Fresh oil, lube, and a carb cleaning and I believe it will be a solid drive-train! Tempting to try and but back together.....:crazy:

EXcellent choice.
Run 'em thru the gears before you put any $ or time into them.

Do you really do sound?

MRSOUND
12-17-2011, 04:43 PM
drjoe, I did do sound of sorts.. M.R. Sound Designs. I was a mobile dj for the last 12 yrs. Was my part time "fun" job. I just did my last gig last saturday. My full time job is able to mandate overtime at anytime and I don't want to use all my vacation for a second job. Had to do it twice this year.