PDA

View Full Version : 200x clutch suggestions

pcs
12-17-2011, 01:27 AM
its about time i get a replacement clutch for my 200x. it slips a bit when i shift in to 5th and sometimes 4th under full throttle. ive seen some various kits including ebc, barnett, and kg. anyone with experience with any of these brands? looking for something with more holding power than stock and withstands hard clutch dumping that i do when i climb big dunes.

shortline10
12-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Oem honda fiber plates and aftermarket HD springs and you will be set for a long time . The aftermarket plates are ok but dont hold up as long as OEM .

pcs
12-23-2011, 12:09 AM
thx, i figured if the honda plates lasted this long in the motor they should last some time for me. as for spring however, im somewhat skeptical about springs labeled as HD, ive had some springs measured that were HD and had less pressure than OEM, my friend ordered a barnett clutch for his 660 raptor and the springs in the kit had less pressure that what was in his motor already. Not the only example ive seen but ill search.

Dirtcrasher
12-23-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't like anything besides OEM or Barnett. There is a reason these EBAY kits are 65$.................

Do it once, do it right and enjoy another 20 or so years on it.

Make sure the cable is smooth and not hangin it up either......

WIkid500
12-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Some times the advise on here makes you spend more that you really need. Get a set of heavy duty springs and a set of Vesrah clutch plates. I have been trail beating mine for the last 3 years without issue. Most of the time on tight trails I'm in 4-5th gear making it pull ( beauty of a stroker motor) with NO slipping at all. I'm also using OEM steel plates.

pcs
12-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I don't like anything besides OEM or Barnett. There is a reason these EBAY kits are 65$.................

Do it once, do it right and enjoy another 20 or so years on it.

Make sure the cable is smooth and not hangin it up either......
the barnett clutch kit is $62 on ebay, i agree to do it right the first time and not worry about it again.

hoosierlogger
12-24-2011, 04:21 PM
I bought the Barnett Dirt Digger kit. It came with the Kevlar discs, steel plates, and springs. I love it, I have had zero problems with it.

pcs
12-24-2011, 10:14 PM
that is the kit im considering besides an oem one. thx for the inputs.