PDA

View Full Version : 85 350x clutch and spring suggestions

Greaser1
12-14-2011, 08:05 PM
I hate to do it after seeing the hundreds of posts on this...

I need some advice on hd springs and clutch for my 350x. Clutch was installed almost one year ago during build and is already starting to slip. I thought I'd go ahead and put the nastiest springs I can find in it along with a good clutch.

Suggestions??

Dirtcrasher
12-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Well, you can get springs with as much holding force as you wish.

What clutch did you install?? An EBC or El-Cheapo EBAY clutch??

I run OEM or Barnett with Barnett springs and I am a heavy clutch user.......

Unless you have allot of motor upgrades, the aforementioned clutch will do the job fine.

baycitysteve
12-15-2011, 01:57 AM
machine the presure plates and get a extra fiber and metal disk in there ,that and good springs really help

beets442
12-15-2011, 04:03 AM
Haven't had any problems with my Vesrah Kit and it came with HD springs. I lightly scuff my steel plates and soak my fibers in oil before install.

Greaser1
12-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Well, you can get springs with as much holding force as you wish.

What clutch did you install?? An EBC or El-Cheapo EBAY clutch??

I run OEM or Barnett with Barnett springs and I am a heavy clutch user.......

Unless you have allot of motor upgrades, the aforementioned clutch will do the job fine.

I'm not sure what clutch I'm going to use this time around. I just know I don't want to replace it again next year. It has a slight bore, stage 2 cam, nothing major. A LOT of compression.

I mainly trail ride...

Haven't had any problems with my Vesrah Kit and it came with HD springs. I lightly scuff my steel plates and soak my fibers in oil before install.

How long have you had it and how often do you ride?

beets442
12-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Its been in for three years. I ride trails and track, med hard rider.

Russell 350X
12-17-2011, 11:58 AM
All I have used is Barnett for everything, and I'm hard on the clutch...no issues as of yet,,

Greaser1
12-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I read some good stuff about the Vesrah, guess I'll try it out this time around. Thanks for the advice guys.