PDA

View Full Version : whats this on the yt?

Sublunacy
12-11-2011, 06:53 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/7qsg.jpg

What is this piece I made a delete plate for? Gear box breather?

Thanks!

Jon Boy
12-11-2011, 07:14 PM
oil injection pump block off plate?

Vealmonkey
12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Sublunacy, you never cease to amaze me. Do you have a yt shop manual? That is an area that several hoses ventilate into, at least behind that cover. It needs to be kept clean behind that plastic cover. If the hose barbs are busted on that cover, you may think about getting a new one or find a really nice used one. Feel free to block it off with big chunk of aluminum, but if your trike ever seems to be acting funny, the blocking off of this area could very well be to blame. You are so quick to chop and cut and mod your trike, but you don't even know what all the different parts on your trike do. Wishing you the best of luck with your build.

Sublunacy
12-11-2011, 09:06 PM
sheesh I hear you, Like everything else on my bike its broken and not hooked up, plus water runs into the gearbox the way it is. Plus its to ugly for this bike.
I don't need luck for the build, I need the best parts available.
I have some really nice hose barbs I will attach into the plate, should look great.

I can post a picture for comments when that is done. Thanks Veal

Sublunacy
12-13-2011, 05:26 AM
Im looking at the service manual now. Its Vague...

1- Looks like the carb overflows into the gear box? WTF lol... and its mate, the second tube on the gearbox vents to atmosphere?
2- Lastly there is bellybutton hose barb from the top of the engine behind the cylinder, going to intake vacuum.

Did I miss anything?
Is that right?

Vealmonkey
12-13-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure what year yt175 you have, it makes a difference. You should have 2 vent hoses on the carb, one runs up along the frame, don't remember where the other hose goes. Then depending on the year you will have a vacuum hose that runs from either the intake rubber or the side of the cylinder to the vacuum line to the fuel pump. I think the other carb hose runs to that box on the side of the engine case and then you should have a crankcase vent that runs to that vent box as well. Been a while since I had the yt175.

Sublunacy
12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Ok Cheers, - Thinking...thinking... ok Specifically the part up there has 2 vents right. One is needed to account for temperature change/ heat expansion and without vents the expanding air would try to blow all the seals in the gear box? Im confused here as I can't realize wether the gearbox is a sealed unit seperate from the crankcase. Or if the two share the pressure in the Ccase , so to speak. They are seperate right? I don't know, i could swear gear oil poured out the cylinder hole when I had the thing upside down a couple days ago.

The fuel pump im ok with.
-I switched carbs to a OKO 28mm so I will read some installion instructions to get that over with. I guess I was under the assumption it would have just an overflow tube from the bowl. But what do I know I have only been doing this for a couple months. Lets not worry about that stuff thou. Thats another story for another evening.

I am kinda needing to know what the dual dual vents up there are for thou. If anyone can shed light on the PCV system that would be OK too.
I will look more into it tonight so you guys don't do all my homework......LOL

Sublunacy
12-15-2011, 05:45 PM
That piece I made is a beauty? yes? check out the curves that match the radii of the case. Im hoping to finish the Polish/ anodize the case then new crank and trans bearings and new seals over the next month. That piece I made will be anodized in the same batch and bolted on with black oxide alen bolts that will cover the entire trike.
That reminds me I have to buy a 90 degree brass hose barb for that thing.