PDA

View Full Version : 84 250r Swingarm Needle Bearings

Popeye
12-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Hey ya'll, I've asked this question a couple of times, but I keep getting no response. Maybe nobody knows, but I figured I'd try anyhow. What other year's swingarm needle bearings will fit my 84 250r if any? The 81-82 and 85-86 needle bearings are all on sale on Ebay for $10, but all I can find with the 84 bearings is the complete kit which is like $60. I'd rather go with those plastic bushings if anybody still makes those, but nobody will respond to that question either.

Please somebody take the time to answer this question. These bearings are all I need before mounting my swingarm and I am trying to avoid paying too much if I don't have to.

Thanks.

tri again
12-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey ya'll, I've asked this question a couple of times, but I keep getting no response. Maybe nobody knows, but I figured I'd try anyhow. What other year's swingarm needle bearings will fit my 84 250r if any? The 81-82 and 85-86 needle bearings are all on sale on Ebay for $10, but all I can find with the 84 bearings is the complete kit which is like $60. I'd rather go with those plastic bushings if anybody still makes those, but nobody will respond to that question either.

Please somebody take the time to answer this question. These bearings are all I need before mounting my swingarm and I am trying to avoid paying too much if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Hey there.

There are tons of posts regarding the 'R' swing setup. incl stainless bolts.
If your search key works, it would be the fastest way to get multiple results.

Maybe try to cross reference part numbers with some other parts place like bikebandit.com??

I've also found that swing bearing on an sx are like the same as a ford falcon or something equally
non special, so there's
a chance your local parts house can match them up for you too. and way cheaper.

Someone on here is making the plastic bushing and someone is making the bolts.
I'd be grateful they even came apart from what I've read.

Hey, if the search key doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll try it for you.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/98483-Swingarm-Bushings?highlight=250R+swingarm+bushings

looks like 3 pages on the topic.
I didn't read any of it but there's hope.

Popeye
12-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Hey thanks alot man for taking the time to respond. I was getting kinda pouty because no one would talk to me lol/jk. Nah I really was just getting frustrated because I'm thinking I might have to spend $60 on a whole bunch of parts I don't need. And as a matter of fact, no mine aren't coming out easy. But if I could find the replacement I wouldn't feel so bad about trying to tear these up getting them out lol. I've been looking for somebody with the plastic bushings and emailed one or two folks with no response. I'll definitely use your suggestions. Thanks very much. If anybody knows more please fill me in.

tri again
12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey thanks alot man for taking the time to respond. I was getting kinda pouty because no one would talk to me lol/jk. Nah I really was just getting frustrated because I'm thinking I might have to spend $60 on a whole bunch of parts I don't need. And as a matter of fact, no mine aren't coming out easy. But if I could find the replacement I wouldn't feel so bad about trying to tear these up getting them out lol. I've been looking for somebody with the plastic bushings and emailed one or two folks with no response. I'll definitely use your suggestions. Thanks very much. If anybody knows more please fill me in.

wish I knew more
You'll get it,
We always do.