PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plugs Keep Fouling Out

11-19-2002, 10:46 PM
OK. First of all thanks for all the suggestions one the other issues you have all helped me with. This is what makes boards like these so cool! Believe it or not this is my first ATC and I love it so far, half the fun is tinkering with it! Now for the next problem, I've got it running and I fixed my shift lever from suggestions off this board, my problem now is that it runs real good for a 10-15 minutes or so and then when I come to a stop it will stall and wont start until I clean up the plug and put it back in. The plug is all fouled out and I already have the C-clip on the jet needle set to the highest position which is supposed to make it run more lean. One thing I notice is that my clymer manual says you should be able to turn the pilot screw in until the engine stops. I can turn both the pilot screw and the idle screw all the way in and out and it makes no difference in the engine idle or performance. I have also verified that my air cleaner is in good shape and air is flowing through it. Any Suggestions?????

Thanks,
Jeremy

atc86r
11-19-2002, 11:46 PM
you need to start working on the spark. theres a guy on macdizzy.com teamgeek. who does it real cheap. makes jetting real easy knowing your getting fat blue spark at all rpms. i believe hes been on this board also but not as often.

Wickedfinger
11-20-2002, 02:00 AM
What type of machine is it?

11-20-2002, 02:33 AM
Its a 1982 Honda atc 110. I test spark and it seems to get a really good fat blue spark. But after riding it for 10-15 minutes it fouls out and then when i bring it to an idle it stalls. Like I said, Its weird that i can turn both the screws on the carb and it does nothing.

Thanks,
Jeremy

11-20-2002, 11:19 PM
Well, I solved the problem with my spark plugs being fouled out. As I said in my previous email I rebuilt the carb, and I made sure the whole thing was put together properly. The only part that I did not take apart was where the throttle cable was connected to the throttle slide that goes into the carb. The doofus who had it before me put it together backwards. Yes, he had the whole slide part upside down so when you accelerated it actually pulled the entire jet needle out of the main jet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! I was looking at my clymer and studying their diagram and said wait a minute, that explains why the idle screw did absolutely nothing! Now it all works good and i've got the idle set perfect on it. Not smoking or anything!

Jeremy :D