PDA

View Full Version : Some new parts arrived today!

Vealmonkey
12-06-2011, 08:26 PM
With special thanks to Jason Hall, some new parts arrived today. Along with some bits that I had bought ahead of time, I should have a new set of inverted forks for my massively gussted frame (by DirtCrasher). Here is a pic of some of most of the bits for the inverted fork set up. The triples (with the original 350x steering stem installed by Jason), the disc brake spacer and the spacers and thread end cap all came in the kit from Jason along with the hardware. The 85/86 atc250r front hub and axle and the cr125r new brake disc and the cr125r front bake caliper and master cylinder, I picked up off of ebay. The front wheel I've had for a while came from ebay as well, if I remember right. I need to remove the studs from the disc brake side of the 250r hub. What do you think is the best method for removing the studs, using a pair of vice grips or double nutting them? I just may double nut them to see how it goes and then use the grips as a last resort. I don't have a stud remover, as I had loaned it to a friend and it never returned-friends eh? Here are a couple pics. A ton of thought has gone into Jasons inverted fork kit and it really shows. Fit and finish is very professional. It's really cool. It may get polished out before it's done, but I'm trying to test fit it all together first though. Thanks for putting up with me Jason, hope I didn't bug you too much.137002137003137004137005

dcreel
12-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I had to remove the studs from a '86 250r fork leg and double nutting them, they came right out. I was surprised..

Vealmonkey
12-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I think I may have to apply a little heat. Double nutting alone doesn't seem to get it done. Maybe get an extra set of hands to help as well. Where's The Great Gazoo?

xrider
12-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Wow Jason does some awesome work. Those triples are a work of art. looking forward to seeing these mounted up veal

Vealmonkey
12-06-2011, 11:33 PM
If you like the front, just wait till you see what is coming for the back. Got a little email today. The swingarm is done, just waiting for it to be powdercoated and to be shipped to me. Things are coming together! But make sure to let Jason Hall know what a great job he has done. If you need custom fork work, Jason is the man to talk to.

badass350x
12-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Jason Does some awesome work! I have a few things that he's working on as we speak....

audioworks04
12-07-2011, 12:16 AM
I had to weld a nut on to one of my studs to get it out, to say it was seized was an understatement. Still waiting on a small fix for my halls performance set, but overall great quality.

Vealmonkey
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
137475137476137477A little heat seemed to do the trick. Studs are removed. Bits are aseembled to test for fit and appearance. Pretty neat looking if you ask me. Thanks again Jason.

the great gazoo
12-13-2011, 06:53 PM
I think I may have to apply a little heat. Double nutting alone doesn't seem to get it done. Maybe get an extra set of hands to help as well. Where's The Great Gazoo?
I'm around, we just need to figure out a sunday where you either have off, or haven't worked another one of your 14 hour shifts. Lemme know when you've got a free weekend day.
This is going to be an insane build.

Vealmonkey
12-13-2011, 07:01 PM
It looks like I may have from the 19th to Jan 4th off.

Vealmonkey
12-18-2011, 02:54 PM
After the company double checked upstairs, it looks like I have 5 days less vacation then they first figured. Oh well. LOL But on a good note, I just received an email from Mike at HRE that he will be sending out my Tiger rear bearing carrier and my new 350x swingarm tomorrow! He posted pics of the Tiger rear bearing carrier and the 350x swingarm on his website, www.hreatv.com . So if you want to get an idea of what all Mike makes, check it out. I'll be posting pics of the parts as soon as they get here. And the Nicholson 185s should be arriving Tuesday as well, so it should be a good week, except for juggling space!!! LOL

Kfx-xc-racer88
12-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Just had a look at the HRE site they make some nice parts!!