PDA

View Full Version : 250sx help

BLAZERONE22
11-08-2003, 11:46 PM
I'm changing left side covers on the sx. the reason for doing this is the top boot where the wires go in for the stator is torn and the case is all stratched up. I have another stator and sidecase but when I pulled it off the stators look different. mine has exposed coiled wires and the replacement has a rubber type coating. it also looks a hair bigger. So now I'm asuming that I have a 86 stator and sidecover. Is there a difference thru out the years?

ATCnut
11-09-2003, 12:47 AM
I just checked my parts list printout, and its kinda confusing. It looks like there was a different side case for 85, for 86, and for 87. There are a bunch of different stators listed, and it never lists the same one for 85 or86 or 87. The bottome like is they are all different (I think)

250SX_rider
11-09-2003, 05:00 PM
Yea I have already had a problem with my SX stator...there is two main companies who produce the stator for the SX: Nippodenso and another one... On my 85 SX, the Nippodenso was the good one, and the other one was doing absolutely nothing on my trike. So you could ask an ATV mechanical guy if your stator is a Nippodenso...

Cya

kdagenais
11-09-2003, 05:28 PM
There is two different stators for the 250SX and you can use either one but you have to use the pulse generator with it. So in summary you replace it in pairs not just the stator.
Hope this helps!

BLAZERONE22
11-09-2003, 05:41 PM
I just put the old one back on. I took some shrink tubing and put it around the wires where they went in the case. there's 2 grommets there anyway I doubt if it would leak by. I'm not going to do any major MR ATC water crossings with how much the rear diff costs anyway. I should of just done that in the first place anyway and called it good. But now there's a new gasket and shifter seal in there now. thanks for the help guys, Just shows you. do a little research first. good thing I'm only out 25 bucks for the other stator and case. anybody need one?

jdulac
12-31-2003, 12:24 PM
I finally got into replacing my stator housing and I was trying to replace the stator and sidecase aswell because i beleive not only was the stator housing shot but it ultimately damaged my stator. But I also had the exposed wire stator and was trying to replace it with the other type of stator and I could not get the new stator to fit in the stator housing. I can't understand why it won't fit because the part number for the stator housing (flywheel, magnetto) is the same for all years.

BLAZERONE22
01-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Tried to warn ya, lol

jdulac
01-01-2004, 09:24 PM
yes you did! I beleive you now. I'm stubborn that way.

BLAZERONE22
01-01-2004, 11:15 PM
lol Did anyone have the correct setup for you. if not I may be able to help you. I have a spare motor that people want parts off. I may just part it out. good luck!!!