PDA

View Full Version : Will an aftermarket ATC 90 or 110 exhaust fit an ATC 70 with a Lifan 125 semi auto?

Jessman
12-01-2011, 09:45 PM
First off, if this is in the wrong section, please move it to where it needs ro be. i didn't know where to post this, I just hope i get a good responce.

As the title states. I am doing an ATC70 Lifan 125 semi auto swap and have been trying to find an exhaust that mounts under the engine. M ost of the pit bike exhausts are the above the engine design and that won't work for me as I sometimes take my 3yr old son with me and his feet rest on the side covers. So the under design is preffered.

I have searched and came up empty handed, but wasn't sure if I missed something.

Will an aftermarket ATC 90 or 110 exhaust fit an ATC 70 with or without the Lifan 125 on it?

Can anyone get me the measurements of the aftermarket and/or stock ID and OD of the head pipe? Also, any other measurements you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jesse

I'm assuming there will be a little tweaking involved, but I figured I might be able to get it to work. Any thoughts or experience?

briano
12-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I really don't think they will swap straight over, try your stock 70 pipe and see how it runs. My brothers seems to run fine with the stock pipe and stock air box. Otherwise send a PM to KASEY he seems to be the 70 guru. Also try atc70.com

oldtime3wheeler
12-01-2011, 11:20 PM
I run a supertrapp from a 110 on my 70. The 110 had a bigger head pipe. I had to do a little fab work to get the exhaust to fit a stock header pipe. I think you can get an under the motor pipe fron sterdyproducts.com

Jessman
12-01-2011, 11:37 PM
so you're only running the can from the supertrapp 110 exhaust? using a stock 70 head pipe?

I posted this exact post on glamis dunes and got info on an under style head pipe 1 1/8" from sterdy ($95) and a chinese can($50) from them modified alreadyt o bolt right up to the atc70 and their head pipe.

I sill like the supertrapp idea though.

How does the supertrapp sound on your bike? What are your specs on your bike? How much seat of the pants feel did you get with the stock head pipe and supertrapp can?

oldtime3wheeler
12-02-2011, 09:03 AM
The bike sounds real nice. The pipe gave it a little more zip, but its still a stock 70 motor. I bought the pipe for a 125 Lifan swap that I still havent done. If you want seat of your pants power you have to atleast put a 110 motor or larger in.