PDA

View Full Version : A couple of 1981 ATC 110 questions (on Carb)

studebakerjim
11-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey guys, I have a 1981 Honda 110. Last winter I replaced the rings and long story short it ran like a champ. Now when I start it up it sounds good and when I give it throttle it snaps right up. BUT when I sit on it and give it throttle I will snap right up but then in a second falls flat on it's face. I feel its in the carb but man I have been through it twice and yes the first time it was junky. But I got it cleaned up and still the same way. Any thoughts???

Second I have seen those new $29 carbs on eBay and has anyone had any experience with them? It would be cheaper to replace it with one of those then trying to rebuild this one again.

Thanks
Jim

chuckiedog04
11-27-2011, 02:23 PM
i had a chinese carb on my 200, it worked pretty good.

Jon Boy
11-27-2011, 02:39 PM
when I start it up it sounds good and when I give it throttle it snaps right up. BUT when I sit on it and give it throttle I will snap right up but then in a second falls flat on it's face.
ok only asking this because what you posted, does it only do it when you sit on it? do you have your airbox lid off? i'm wondering if when you sit on it, is the bottom of the seat dropping down and blocking/restricting airflow? can't really see how it would do it, but ya never know. :lol:

also, i got a carb rebuild kit for my 125 off e-bay and it was around $15 and a couple bucks shipping.

RamsesRibb
11-27-2011, 04:06 PM
I replaced the carb on my 110 last year with the cheap eBay one. It works great. The only problem was the cap didn't fit the cable correctly. Either have to reuse old cap or use shorter cable.