PDA

View Full Version : 86 T3 swingarm ID? westcoast?

just ben
11-26-2011, 12:45 AM
i was thinking westcoast but I can't find any good pics for an 86136070136069its pretty rough and I expect 20 to 30 hrs to make it close to right but the price was right(thanks joe) Does anyone have any insight on a positive ID?

sportvette
11-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Not a westcoast, you can see the 86 tecate westcoast in this pic...has a VP sticker on it. the other one without the sticker is the atc250r westcoast. my best guess is laegers.

just ben
11-27-2011, 01:02 AM
no other ideas? I started life with white paint,if that helps

atv innovations
11-27-2011, 08:58 AM
JP ? I think they were into Kow's

just ben
12-01-2011, 10:44 PM
I was mistaken it started with a black finish.I figured the 5th carrier bolt hole would be a dead giveaway since all the aftermarket swingers for the 86 I have seen so far only have 4. Any other ideas?

86T3
12-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Its junk. If i had it i'd just give it away. :lol:

TheBlueWale
12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
It looks a bit home made to me too. I don't like the look of where the axle carrier plates end on the swingarm, it looks like there were some more plates welded over(from the extension). It looks aluminum to me(from the oem swingarm, this may explain the 5th carrier bolt), but please verify that because laeger's made them from steel from what I know. Also, the hole where the dog bone would connect to the swingarm looks to be up and in the front with very little metal left around it.

just ben
12-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Its junk. If i had it i'd just give it away. :lol:haha I know Thats why I have spent 15 hours (with beer breaks)trying to make it look nice or 15 hours of drinking with grinding breaks! lol

just ben
12-02-2011, 10:40 PM
It looks a bit home made to me too. I don't like the look of where the axle carrier plates end on the swingarm, it looks like there were some more plates welded over(from the extension). It looks aluminum to me(from the oem swingarm, this may explain the 5th carrier bolt), but please verify that because laeger's made them from steel from what I know. Also, the hole where the dog bone would connect to the swingarm looks to be up and in the front with very little metal left around it. Definatly not homemade. it is steel, the outsides are brake formed with the inside tig welded to form the box shape. These pics suck.I will get some new pics up soon. edit.. There were plates welded in between, bluewhale but they were added at some point. I cut them out. they are the pieces of metal next to it in the pics.

just ben
12-09-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm sure it a laegers' thanks to a link sent by 86T3 http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...trailprotrailpro-stuff/page7 (http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/93120-Tecate-quot-Most-Wanted-quot-pics.-Show-your-stuff/page7) the one in the link is a +6 mine is a +2 but based on the construction I'm sure it's the same mfg. Now I just need period correct decals

250x
12-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Ben, when you come out again, bring that with you. Ill run it down to the shop and powdercoat it for you. Should take less than 45 minutes for touchups, powdering, and baking it. leaves proper ammounts of time to get these trikes sideways on the oval...lol just double check your hub nut this time..lol or make sure im behind you with a camera.

just ben
12-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Ben, when you come out again, bring that with you. Ill run it down to the shop and powdercoat it for you. Should take less than 45 minutes for touchups, powdering, and baking it. leaves proper ammounts of time to get these trikes sideways on the oval...lol just double check your hub nut this time..lol or make sure im behind you with a camera. I wish that was on video! nothing like losing a wheel with the front end in the air! the zip ties are still on there haha

nstyle73
12-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I got the replica decals for that +6 laegers from a guy on here. Just made a rubbing and scanned it in. He made decals that looked exactly like the original and should have the scan in his program already to make more. I found his name, it was Mr. Clean.

just ben
12-11-2011, 10:46 PM
thanks nstyle I will get ahold of him