PDA

View Full Version : How do i set timing

kylegrimes
11-25-2011, 04:19 PM
My engine gave out last night and i need to know how to set the timing when i get done its a klt 110

Vealmonkey
11-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Well, I have to ask, how did your engine let go? How are you going to fix it? I would hope you have a kawi shop manual to work on your engine, which should have how to set the timing in it as well.

MonroeMike
11-25-2011, 06:06 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/127027-KLT110-amp-KLF110-Service-Data

kylegrimes
11-25-2011, 06:39 PM
It started making a funny sound but i just kept riding like a idiot i do know that the valves where out of spec and the piston and rod felt a little loose i am going thru it going to put new bearings in it new piston and rings hone the jug new valves have a head job done on it new timing chain im not sure on the cam yet but i might reuse that and the rockers new clutch and every thing else that does not look good i have the skamatics i know i spelled that wrong. But i am going to do a full resto on it im even powder coating the frane jug and head

Dirtcrasher
11-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Fix it once, fix it right......

Piston TDC, valves close, on compression stroke; Both valve lobes should be down (splitting the difference perfectly) on most motors, however it depends how the rockers work with the engine. I am not familiar with your engine but it's easy and there are always "lines for dummies" to line up with the assist of a useful service manual.

Enjoy and post it all up!

kylegrimes
11-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Yea im going to go ahead and do it all im going to put a versa rod in it with versa valves powder coat the jug and head then im going to move over to the frame and powder coat the frame, carrier, and trees with new rims and tires new plastics i have been looking for a tank for about 6 months i am using a lighter fluid bottle right now il have to built a pvc tank for it i will post pics later

kylegrimes
11-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Heres the pics how can i make the case shine

kylegrimes
11-25-2011, 10:36 PM
The 1st pic is the oil filter