PDA

View Full Version : Here are some pictures of my $200 200x

stephenpen
11-24-2011, 08:14 PM
I got it with the motor out and all the nuts and bolts in the airbox.
The tank is a little rusty on the outside and there is a little crack on the rear fender.
I'm looking for a new front fender because this one is all hacked up.
We tore the motor apart and found something squished between the head and piston. I think it might have been part of a spark plug.
I cleaned up the piston and head with a wire wheel and put it back together. After cleaning the carb it fired right up :)
It has a Wiseco piston and the cylinder looks like it was just rebuilt.
The tires are in great shape.
What colour should the tank be. I want to paint it white.
Not too bad for $200

Team ATC
11-24-2011, 08:16 PM
tank should be white id buy the rear fender off it its a flat track one

stephenpen
11-24-2011, 08:28 PM
I'll be keeping the fender but thanks for the offer. Is there anyway to fix the curled up seat.
I thought I read something about heating it with a heat gun and pushing it back down ?
Anyone know if that method works.
I was thinking of putting on some larger tires for playing in the mud. Does anyone have pictures with 25-12-9 tires.

shortline10
11-24-2011, 08:58 PM
25" tires wont work with those low pro rear fenders .

Team ATC
11-24-2011, 09:06 PM
right maybe ill find you a set or regular maiers for a swap??? :D

stephenpen
11-24-2011, 09:38 PM
right maybe ill find you a set or regular maiers for a swap??? :D
Whats the deal with my rear fender. Is it not just the normal fender

shortline10
11-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Nope not normal , those are LOW profile maier fenders and they sit a few inches lower than std fenders . They were made for small tires around 18" . I'm suprised the 22" tires on their arnt rubbing ?

Whats the deal with my rear fender. Is it not just the normal fender

xrider
11-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Nope not normal , those are LOW profile maier fenders and they sit a few inches lower than std fenders . They were made for small tires around 18" . I'm suprised the 22" tires on their arnt rubbing ?

I have to agree. I bet it is very close to rubbing with rider weight added.

CRAZY70MAN
11-24-2011, 11:48 PM
You ever want to sell those fenders you message me.....lol I come to Barrie/Bobcaygeon every year for Labor Day!! Great beer!!! Pigeon Lake. Maybe we could share a couple chillies and shoot the breeze sometime??? Nice score....I always see a big red up there at the sweetcorn farm along side the road. That area just strikes me as some hidden treasure of a trike buried in one of those old barns....I just know it!! Great score. dang sure for where you are at.

stephenpen
11-25-2011, 11:10 PM
I wish you guys were local. I would swap you for a higher fender. I really want some big tires on this bike.
Shipping would be crazy from Canada.
Make sure you let me know when your around.
My fridge is always well stocked

I need to do some carb tunning this weekend. Its hard to start sometimes. I filled the carb with seafoam.
Hopefully that will clean it out.

BWard
11-25-2011, 11:46 PM
I Too would LOVE those rear low pro fenders. put them up for auction, Let us all know.
Thanks,
Brian

daniel_250r
11-26-2011, 12:59 AM
very nice score and in canada! apparently my fellow canadians think trikes are worth more than gold so that trike will easily fetch 800$ on kijiji

Xpress
11-26-2011, 01:23 AM
There is NO need for such large tires to play in the mud. Get the right tread and you can plow through mud all day. I'm running Maxxis All-Traks on my 200x, 22". Even in thick mud it plows through.

but I think you should get yourself a BigRed or something with better gearing for mud.

jsmay
12-02-2011, 07:01 PM
man i live in rochester ny... ill trade you for the stock rears. i could meet you in hamilton. just a thought.