PDA

View Full Version : Got a new one, what do you think?

Chickengizzard
11-16-2011, 03:54 AM
Traded for this the other day.

Swinger
11-16-2011, 04:05 AM
I saw one that looked just like that the other day in Pennswoods! Im digging the windshield!

Chickengizzard
11-16-2011, 04:15 AM
Yeah I like it to but the mounts are broke for the headlight.

TatTooL23
11-16-2011, 04:28 AM
Is that windshield faring broken at all? Those r pretty rare. Especially in good shape. The first roll over and those things r done.....

Chickengizzard
11-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Just the mounts for the headlight, I think I can fix it but other than that the rest of it is in great shape.

Chickengizzard
11-16-2011, 05:00 AM
The trike itself has some small issues like no key, thumb throttle missing, the plastic piece that holds the choke to the dash is broke (like the other two I've had. Is this normal?), and no airbox lid. Thats all I've seen so far. Haven't had a chance to look into it further than that.

dirtflinger66
11-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Man that pic brought back some good memories a buddy of mines grandpa had 3 of those just like that for around the ranch we rode the heck out of those things hold on to that cause they are rare.

Chickengizzard
11-17-2011, 01:07 AM
I got a chance to get a little dirty today. Now I'm in need of some parts. I'l get a list together if anyone can help tha would be great.

Chickengizzard
11-17-2011, 02:03 AM
Parts Wish List
-On/Off switch
-Ignition with key
-Sub Trans cover
-2 Tank Bolts
-Not broken Choke cable
-Head light housing
-Exhaust
-Airbox lid
-Good wiring harness
-2 Bearing holder Mounting bolts

tri again
11-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Parts Wish List
-On/Off switch
-Ignition with key
-Sub Trans cover
-2 Tank Bolts
-Not broken Choke cable
-Head light housing
-Exhaust
-Airbox lid
-Good wiring harness
-2 Bearing holder Mounting bolts

Your ignition switch may have a number on it. which tells mr locksmith which key it takes.
and will save you 50$ for the whole thing.
You can also simply unplug the keyswitch and it will start and run .
Lights will work etc, neutral and reverse.
Use the kill switch as your main.

What year is it?
dratv.com has lots of stuff cheap.
Bearing holder bolts? which one?

Muffler can be a ford tractor f04 I think is the one that fits.
Depends, you want a runner of want to make it nice? like new
Unplugging the keyswitch will at least get you going.
Make sure it shifts and everything's cool before you spend any $, at least that's my personal philosophy

Chickengizzard
11-20-2011, 07:35 AM
The previous owner cut the wires right at the bottom of the switch.

I have the start button but no kill/ light switch. And the wiring has been cut and spliced in so many different places I’m figuring it would be easier to just replace it.

The bearing holder bolts are the two on the left side on top and bottom of the carrier bearing housing. I don’t know the size but the top one has the chain tensioner on it.

The exhaust isn’t really a necessity for me because it’s going to be a non suspension ice racer for me. But if I do ever take it riding with the girlfriend she won’t like it.

I found the sub trans cover on eBay.

Thanks