PDA

View Full Version : 350x front axle

muthey
11-04-2011, 11:48 PM
ok so a friend of mine has seized his front axle into his 1983 185s, and he is wanting to go as cheap as possible for a new one, so I saw this posted and was mislabeled to begin with. My question is is a 350x front axle the same length and sizes as a 185s front axle it looks to be the same but I don't think the seller will know the info I need so I am asking the pro's. Thanks Brandon http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ATC-200x-Front-axle-/280766319778?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item415efa0ca2

Howdy
11-05-2011, 07:07 AM
The 350x axles are too short. I might have a good axle for the 185s if you need one.
Howdy

muthey
11-05-2011, 01:29 PM
thanks for the reply howdy, Powdiddy has one as well, but my friend is a cheap bugger, so I am going to tell him it's time to buckle down and spend some cash on repairs finally. I was repairing it quite a bit there for awhile and using some of my spare parts but when it sat for the last 6 months because I wouldn't repair it if he was going to tear it up I got a heart and fixed it up again. But one of the last times he rode it he went through water for days on end and never re-greased anything so I know the front axle has rusted to the bearings in the front hub. I can get it all apart but I just have a bad feeling that if I do it is going to mangle the threads on it so I have managed to pull the front hub and replace the rim and tire and put it back together without removing the axle all the way.