PDA

View Full Version : 350x front caliper question

murfman
11-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I am putting my 85 350x forks back together, and ran into a snag. It is an 85 so it has the finned 2 piston caliper. It looks like the caliper mounting bracket needs to be spaced inward toward the wheel about 10mm to center on the rotor. The tire/wheel is centered in the fork, but if I tighten down the caliper mounting bracket to the fork it actually starts to bend the rotor outward towards the fork. I do not recall any spacers when I took it apart, and I have mixed and matched parts from 2 complete fork sets but as far as I know all 350x forks are the same. The Caliper I am using came from a 250r but I swapped the mounting bracket over to a 350x one, It is not a big deal for me to space the bracket off the fork, but I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. I will get some pics tomorrow.

beets442
11-04-2011, 10:49 PM
http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/............... 14-0 has a break down of the brake system.

murfman
11-04-2011, 11:00 PM
I figured it out, I have a 1986 Hub and a 1985 Caliper. I have a 1985 Hub in the garage, I just need to get it powder coated and new bearings for it. I bought a parts front end assy to swap onto my 250sx and ended up sending that hub out to get powder coated instead of my 85 one. I thought they were the same. It is not the end of the world, I will just get an 86 caliper for the sx project.