PDA

View Full Version : Why I love my Honda 250s..the never stop!!

dougspcs
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM
My brother and I got together this weekend for some riding..we have had a ton of rain lately and the trails at the local conservation area are flooded like hell!!

Great riding!! We ended up on this trail about 3 miles from the nearest road and were taking turns being the 1st to run the mud pits..

Well my brother got lucky and was 1st into this one with my SX..it immediately submarined and died.

Here is a picture of him in the water with the trike and it is in fact floating..not running of course.

Anyway we dragged it out of the water by hand and with a bit of cranking got it running..water spitting out the tailpipe and everything. Damn, I could believe the damn thing started with that much water in it's lung!!!

This trail was so rough and full of pits if it didn't start there was no way the machine was leaving..

It didn't let me down..after about 15 minutes it had cleared all the water out and was running great again. Only a Honda could pull that off!!

Hell of a days ride!!

atc007
10-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Good day Doug,,,now go drain that diff!! I know you're already on it,,jka !

chuckiedog04
10-23-2011, 05:34 PM
i bet that was some cold water! looks like a good time

bigredridr
10-23-2011, 05:44 PM
make sure you check that oil in the engine. i had similar experiences as that with my big red. It would start up and run fine, but turn the oil milky with water. i always drained and flushed immediately.

userj8670
10-23-2011, 06:10 PM
I second what bigredridr said! I been there and done it. Make sure u change your oil AND FILTER!! after sinking it. And i assume you will change the rear diff to. If you dont change out that water logged filter your just gonna waste 2 qts of oil

whyzee
10-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. Great picture.

dougspcs
10-23-2011, 06:25 PM
No worries guys, it's get it's full fall service this week..

All fluids, filters, brake tear down and cleaning, plug then into the heated shop.

bigredridr
10-23-2011, 06:31 PM
be glad you were riding a trike instead of one of those big 4 wheeled contraptions they dont float all that easy.:lol:

dougspcs
10-23-2011, 06:45 PM
be glad you were riding a trike instead of one of those big 4 wheeled contraptions they dont float all that easy.:lol:

yeah, we should have known at this particular hole because of the well worn path the 4wheelers had made to go around the hole.

It's all good fun!!