PDA

View Full Version : whats a good 250es aftermarket exhaust?

chuckiedog04
10-23-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking i want to get a new exhaust for my 250es, whats a good exhaust?

tri again
10-24-2011, 07:05 AM
wow, no replies?

I like to stay stock and low volume but also nice to have something
that qualifies for off road use like spark arrest and USFS certified
and decibel rating.

I guess ebay or bikebandit or some other place.
I know they're not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

Also consider some trick aftermkt exhausts require carb rejetting which does not seem to be an exact
science. and may require pulling the carb multiple times.
Guess it depends how much extra oomph you want to pull out of it and for what reason.

swampthang
10-24-2011, 07:30 AM
I had a full cobra system on my 86 250es and I loved it. It wasn't that much louder then stock just alot deeper sounding which I think sounds good. If I ever buy another 250es Thats the pipe I'm gonna go back to.

dougspcs
10-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I got this..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-Muffler-Honda-ATC-250ES-1985-1987-Exhaust-Kimpex-O-E-M-18310-HA0-682-/140625911309?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20bdf51e0d

Now I sold the BR that is was purchased for..since the SX I had needed one cause the Bear Claw hit the exhaust the previous owner at McGyvered onto the machine I used it.

Sounds close to OEM..I like that fact the exhaust is not pointed to the ground so when I hook up a sled and drag the kids in winter they don't get exhaust in their faces.

Fit on pretty well but a bit tight on the front pipe..I had to use a dremel and cut a slot on the top and bottom of the tube where it slips onto the front pipe.

It's not a Cobra..but it's was half the price.

I do notice the 'poof' at shut off is a bit louder with this muffler..

schneed
10-24-2011, 11:16 AM
When I was looking for aftermarket exhaust systems, Cobra was ll I could find...if I remember correctly, they have two different exhausts, one that was closer to stock and one that was a little louder. I personally like how quite my stock exhaust is, so I never got one (and they are not cheap).