PDA

View Full Version : HELP atv neon kits!!!

x200x
10-21-2011, 09:31 AM
i want to get a neon kit for my 250r and i'm wondering if there is a kit out there that can hook up to a trike with no battery, maybe up to the light switch? help me out please!

x200x
10-21-2011, 09:38 AM
i've seen some that can connect to 12 v systems are 250r's 12 volt?

250rRoostmaster
10-21-2011, 10:22 AM
I've seen a couple guys use LED's for lighting under the bike, but you have to upgrade your ignition. I don't think there's a specific kit that you can buy tho.

Xpress
10-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Most aftermarket lighting systems such as HID's, LED's, and NEON tubes require a constant 12 volt DC power source- your 250R cranks out a variance of about 7-14 volts AC, so no it will not work, all it will do is flicker which can damage the unit.

You will need to convert the stator to a floating ground, run a regulator/rectifier, and then run the output leads to a battery. From there you can run your POSITIVE and NEGATIVE DC power wires to whatever you want. You will have to re-wire your lighting, you can't use the bikes stock harness- from this point, you can run LED's and an HID in the headlight. It's really not as hard as it appears, someone with experience can convert a bike in an hour or less. I'm not entirely certain what the stock stator puts out, but I know that Ricky Stator has a 200 watt unit that you can basically run a pair of blindingly bright dual 75 watt HID's and still have enough room to blind everyone behind you with LED tail lights and neon underglow.

Thorpe
10-21-2011, 08:59 PM
:shiftyeyes: Neons??? :shiftyeyes:

x200x
10-25-2011, 08:49 PM
i was thinking just having a battery, mount one right by the airbox i can run neon and an led headlight that way. i was also thinking an electronic fan on the rad. my buddy had an lt250r and he had an electric fan and light that ran off of an atv battery, but he had to charge it here and there