PDA

View Full Version : Porting & Polishing??..?? 200x

MPNX2
11-05-2003, 01:13 AM
I have an all stock 200X that I am looking to get more PEP too. I was wondering if I could do a porting and polishing job to it by myself or if I would just be better off taking it to someone else to do? Has anyone out there doen this on there own. If so any advice or insturctions?

NOS_350X
11-05-2003, 01:58 AM
take it to be done. take a before and after pic and compare them. then after that you can do it yourself

MPNX2
11-05-2003, 02:59 AM
That would be a good idea I was thinking of maybe getting a second head off of Ebay and taking that one in to get done and leaving one stock. Always good to have spares...

HemiChallenger71
11-05-2003, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't get into cutting the ports at all if I were you but I'd take a sandpaper bit to a dremel and smooth out all the ports. I know in cars when you start to cut the ports it's usually a good idea to have a gasket to match your porting too, and they never cut the botom of the ports, only the top and sides. If you just have a 200x, see if you can pick up another head, use the worse head of the two and do a do it yourself port job and put it on the bike and see how it fares. Those machines only have 2 ports, so it wont take long and wouldn't be hard or expensive. I'd try it maybe if you can afford another head and the time.