PDA

View Full Version : 250sx question

Headsup
10-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone could tell me why I can just click my shifter down to hit reverse..
Usually u would need to use the reverse button. Like push the button in and pull in lever and shift down for reverse.. All i need to do it, click it down... Cant figure this out....

the great gazoo
10-16-2011, 04:32 PM
There's a lever below your perch that the Rev button slides down into Wehn pushed, locks botton lever to the top lever. It's prob'ly stuck, look under your perch & you'll see it.

chuckiedog04
10-16-2011, 04:33 PM
If they part under the reverse button on your brake lever is stuck that could cause it

Headsup
10-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Yep sure is stuck... Im going to try to Loosen the nut Wire brush it off a little and stick it back on, Maybe that will help. Thanks Guys!!

dougspcs
10-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Also check the smaller of the 2 cables that run from the perch to the engine..this is what pulls on the reverse safety lock in the transmission.

If the cable is siezed/sticking the spring pressure won't be enough to get it too return..holding the inter-lock to allow a reverse engagement.

It's just a matter of time before an accidental down shift causes an abrupt bang!! Hope you don't have any loose fillings in your teeth..they will be coming out!