PDA

View Full Version : my buddys 110 is is bogging out?

tulsamike3434
10-14-2011, 04:44 PM
what all could cause that?

dcreel
10-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Bogging where? Bottom-mid-high or all. Does it do it cold and warmed up? Does the choke being on or off make a difference? Air filter on or off, is it clean? Have you checked the plug?

Jason125m
10-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Did he attempt using his snorkle? LOL.

tri again
10-14-2011, 05:11 PM
yupp, x2 w/ dcr
More questions than answers to start.
Gas tank vent? fuel filter complex?
Does the choke help?

1st gear or higher.
from off idle or midrange?
Wide open?
That kinda stuff helps immensely.

tulsamike3434
10-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Bogging where? Bottom-mid-high or all. Does it do it cold and warmed up? Does the choke being on or off make a difference? Air filter on or off, is it clean? Have you checked the plug?

air filter off cause do not have one at this time. new carb. new spark plug bogs mostly when cold some when hot. if slowly pressing throttle to full throttle does not do it only when pushes fast. and back fires when let off gas.

briano
10-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Running without an air filter is always recommended, not only is it great for letting crap enter the engine it also changes the air fuel mixture (jetting). I bet a little more run time there is going to be some smoke involved.

350xx
10-14-2011, 11:59 PM
air filter off cause do not have one at this time. new carb. new spark plug bogs mostly when cold some when hot. if slowly pressing throttle to full throttle does not do it only when pushes fast. and back fires when let off gas.

my 350x is doing the same thing right now! Going to a bigger pilot jet soon.

tri again
10-15-2011, 05:23 AM

sounds lean.
an 8 -10 thousandths guitar string will take the slow jet back to working.
They are just sooo tiny and plug so easily, almost hard to even see through.

I'd put an air filter on it as that will ultimately change the mixture.
110?

There should be enough room in the airbox and hopefully the
screen tube frame is still there for the air filter.

I mean even a 60 CENT furnace filter from the hardware store wrapped around it a few times
and held on with an old sock is better than nothing
and is probably close to the same density and air restriction as the stock filter.
even universal lawnmower filters are like a dollar and closer to correct.

If that slow jet (and others) are clear, it should simply run great no matter what,
filter or not
but I'm supposed to promote responsible trikeness
and tell you to do it right.
Quit buying dogfood and spend $ on the proper stuff.
(just kidding)

Free manuals in the world class help section, btw

Might be an intake leak sucking air too.
You can spray around the carb and intake boot with carb cleaner and see if it changes idle speed.

Valves adjusted ok?
Timing is right on?
Spark advance plate moves freely?

will it die if you jam the throttle and the choke is on a little?
or does that make a huge difference.?

slow jet..tinly little pita
almost impossible to even see thru when they are correct.
as long as everything else is good,
time, valves etc etc.
run it with slight choke.
That'll tell you if it needs more fuel.
or less air....you know what i mean.

250rRoostmaster
10-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Richen up the pilot jet and see what happens, that's where i would start along with a new air filter:p

Jason125m
10-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Why richen up the pilot jet? This thread is ridiculous. Get an airfilter....... come on guys.

82300R
10-16-2011, 11:55 PM
After you get a new filter. do what i did. Get one of the chink knockoffs on ebay. Do a little adjusting an done. This worked on both of my 1980 110s an no problems yet. Yes i cleaned an rebuilt the old ones several times. Both bikes run and sound much better. Plus valve adjustment,cam chain adjustment. New plug and if the stock baffles are still in the exhaust pull them out an clean them. One of mine was almost completly plugged.