PDA

View Full Version : my 250r is dead again, thinking about a gnarly 500+ cc 4 stroke, any ideas?

Deathrocket
10-14-2011, 02:09 AM
ok folks,
I think its time to rethink things, i have my 81 250r that has managed to blow up something major every time i ride it since i got it 2 years ago, and i have ridden it a total of like 4 times that being said everything on the trike is sorted out the way i like it, but i think the 2 stroke has to go, and be replaced with a 4 stroke, any motor will do as long as it is powerful, anyone have any suggestions for a 500+cc motor that would work well in that frame?

dcreel
10-14-2011, 02:30 AM
Part it out and buy a 350x. It will save a lot of headaches and handle better to boot.

Deathrocket
10-14-2011, 02:35 AM
well the first headache is finding has already presented it self.. the drive is on the wrong side lol

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
10-14-2011, 12:46 PM
I think you misunderstood dcreel he meant git rid of the 250r and buy a 350x you can build those motors very big:twisted:

HuffieVA
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
ok folks,
I think its time to rethink things, i have my 81 250r that has managed to blow up something major every time i ride it since i got it 2 years ago, and i have ridden it a total of like 4 times that being said everything on the trike is sorted out the way i like it, but i think the 2 stroke has to go, and be replaced with a 4 stroke, any motor will do as long as it is powerful, anyone have any suggestions for a 500+cc motor that would work well in that frame?

If you think your maintenance is a pain in the ass now, wait till you throw valves and a cam into the mix...

I cant help you out with a thumper, but I do have a decent Liquid cooled Husqvarna XC400 that would be the correct side drive and with the older version "pigtail" kicker it may even clear the fenders