PDA

View Full Version : front brake rear brake no breaks :)

tecate_gt5
10-13-2011, 06:37 PM
ok so my are doesnt have front brakes like the tube doesnt have the mounts its been shaved and polished. so there is no front brake lever.

now it does have rear brakes with the foot lever, now what i want to do is make it so the hand lever controls the rear brake.

so my question how can you make the brake line go from rear brake up to the handle lever?

bkm
10-13-2011, 08:10 PM
A really long brake hose, braided preferably.

just ben
10-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Why? you probably should be asking if anyone has a fork tube and front brake setup for sale.I'm not sure which model the "are" is but if it's half the machine as the 250 R I would want front and rear brakes

badass350x
10-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Really really long line!

tecate_gt5
10-14-2011, 06:23 AM
its an 86 atc 250r, only used for dunes. i have the fork tube i have the brake and the rotor and the lever. do i want them on there..no.. because the set up i have no looks great its not needed in the sand. but since i usually never take my hands off the handle bars when leaning like you do when leaning left (your right foot comes up) id like to have the frontbrake lever work the rear brakes.

just ben
10-14-2011, 07:39 AM
didnt realize it was a duner. Acustom brake line would work.If you wanted to get fancy and a little more complicated, you could set it up to work with the hand lever and the foot lever.