PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Tri-Z, Thanks Devilman for finding it!

stevensj13
10-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Hey guys, I just picked up a Yamaha Tri-Z yesterday for $600. It needs a little love but in very good shape, its awesome. I hope to have it ready for the Busco ride this weekend! I am gonna work on it for the majority of the afternoon and will update this thread with pics of my progress. I want to give a special thanks to Devilman for sending me this guy's email address and info, without him I never would have found this cool bike. Pics attached of the trike sent to me from Devilman, I'm not home right now but will post new ones of it in my shop (driveway) later. 133294133295133296133297133298

stevensj13
10-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Also guys, the previous owner claimed that it would start up and rev up fine in neutral, but when he put it in great and released the clutch it would shut off. Now, he rode this thing for years so I don't think its rider error stalling it out. I'll give it a shot today, but does anyone have any tips or ideas on what this could be? Thanks

RacerRichie
10-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Very nice for the price.. 3WW networking ---- another nice find props to Devilman for sharing the info~!

devilman
10-10-2011, 11:37 AM
glad to see that everything worked out for you and you got to pick this up! see ya this weekend.

stevensj13
10-10-2011, 11:40 AM
glad to see that everything worked out for you and you got to pick this up! see ya this weekend.

where are you gonna be parking? i heard something about at the end of the drag strip. can't wait to launch my Z off the line and throw some dirt! I have a set of Bear Claws that would bolt up but I think that might be a little too much traction, plus i love the gold rims that are stock. Either way, this thing should be a blast.

code200k
10-10-2011, 07:29 PM
probaly needs some clutch work,or adjusting

stevensj13
10-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I am buying a set of plates for $20, and gonna throw those in it and see if it works. Also buying another carb and fuel pump. Once I have all the parts I will take a day and finish everything. I found a local guy with all the parts I need except a clutch cover gasket but otherwise I should be set.