PDA

View Full Version : IT RUNS! Now what do i do?

thenewguy
10-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Finally with a lot if help from all of you guys the KLT250 finally runs! Another trike saved! New starter clutch torqued on correctly, New starter, and New battery and it lives! On a side note dont take off in excitement down the road with out testing your brakes. Need to adjust the brakes and do some general maintenance and she'll be ready to roll.

So kawi guys what sort if things should I take apart and grease or lube? It's an 1983 klt250A that's sat for years. Put a new plug and did an oil change. Also cleaned the carb. I'm gettin.g a lot of squealing from the front end like it needs some cleaning and lubricating. Just looking for some tips on things to adjust and or clean before I head to Missouri next weekend. Thanks!

bigworm626
10-10-2011, 12:14 PM
shoot, your in with the in -crowd!

thenewguy
10-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Once it fired up I called my whole family out and then in a frenzy got the body and seat on as fast as I could! I was so pumped to get to ride it!

thestud25
10-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Welcome and congrats! Now take some photos and post them. If it looks like you can grease or lube a part then do it. Make sure that your rear bearings are good.