PDA

View Full Version : Nice little '83 ATC185 'shedfind' with rear racks??

dougspcs
10-08-2011, 05:30 PM
I found this decent little '83 ATC185 here in Sarnia by posting an add in the local want column.

It's been sitting in the guys shed for 6 years, tires rotten, brake cables and pivots siezed, gas spoiled in the tank and carb..

But other than that pretty good. No pics til tomorrow..I should have it half way cleaned and respectable looking.

I have lots of tires so no money out of pocket there..I picked in up for $200 and with another $100 in parts should be able to get $500-600

Anyway, it has a factory rear rack..I've never seen this on a 185. Not that I've paid much attention to them..Is this a common thing?

Also what say the 185 owners?? What makes these rather plain little trikes worth putting the time and money into them..like the project KASEY the crazy fabomaniac is working on. What's the deal with these things??

hillbilly 200x
10-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes they did come with rear racks I had an 82 with a factory rack. You will learn why they are worth the time onces you ride it around for a few hours, lots of fun. They do really good wheelies and they will drift around corners like its no ones business

atc007
10-08-2011, 07:07 PM
They never came with racks. But they were available thru Honda,,Hondaline. CMP,aftermarket,,and probably others. They are a VERY capable little machine.. Especially when those of us at the time were on 110's !! 3 times the torque! Very capable machine.. the recoil in mint condition is $150 around here. there was a fr rack,rr rack,trailer hitch,fairing,handguards,headlight guards, etc... available for them. Not correcting you Hillbilly,,just that when you got yours ,it already had a rack on it. But ,the E was the only machine with a rack in 83.

Aregistereduser
10-08-2011, 10:49 PM
i like them become their light weight and powerful you can swing the machine around and have the agility of a 110 with the power of a 200 very nice.